What's new

Vaping scene in China?

As simong said unless thing's have changed (which is entirely possible) last we heard they sold very little in China. Perhaps you could update us on your return.

I won't be spending much time in any major cities but I will report back on home many people I see vaping in the street.
I think that money is a big reason why many in the UK switched to vaping. I think that in China vaping would actually be the more expensive option given the price of cigarettes.

Was in Shenyang last month.
Only saw one other person vaping.
Maybe if you're going somewhere that's a bit more touristy, locals seeing foreigners with the ecigs might make them curios.
As you said, fags so cheap and health seems to be low on priorities.

Was in Shenyang last month.
Only saw one other person vaping.
Maybe if you're going somewhere that's a bit more touristy, locals seeing foreigners with the ecigs might make them curios.
As you said, fags so cheap and health seems to be low on priorities.
Interesting, I will probably spend a couple days in Shenyang as well.
I think that once it makes into the movies it will take off with the younger generation.

Well, u know what, I am a Chinese vape wholesaler and vape accessories supplier. Actually 90% vape hardware are manufactored in Shenzhen, China. I mean 90% of the whole world's vape equipments. And Silk186 is right, fags is kinda cheaper option than ecig right now in china. So ecig is not quite been spotted on the street. but vapers uprising for sure. the retail pricing on Taobao and JD is about triple of cost, but if u r frequently go to Shenzhen, I would suggest u visit some small companies in Xixiang, Bao'an district. Will get the pricing with 50% mark-up I guess. In the past two years there are many foreigners came and bought in small batch of hardware and brought them back to resell to their friends at a very nice costs, will mostly cover their cost of a flight back, lol

Well, u know what, I am a Chinese vape wholesaler and vape accessories supplier. Actually 90% vape hardware are manufactored in Shenzhen, China. I mean 90% of the whole world's vape equipments. And Silk186 is right, fags is kinda cheaper option than ecig right now in china. So ecig is not quite been spotted on the street. but vapers uprising for sure. the retail pricing on Taobao and JD is about triple of cost, but if u r frequently go to Shenzhen, I would suggest u visit some small companies in Xixiang, Bao'an district. Will get the pricing with 50% mark-up I guess. In the past two years there are many foreigners came and bought in small batch of hardware and brought them back to resell to their friends at a very nice costs, will mostly cover their cost of a flight back, lol
I took a quick look on JD and Taobao and prices were not very impressive. I have some friends in Shenzhen so I guess I will have to make a visit one of these days. It seems that I will have to learn more about the hardware and look at it in person. Knowing the markup can be a big help. I never thought about bringing Vaping hardware back to sell. Unfortunately, none of my friends in the UK vape which makes it a lot harder as I'm unfamiliar with the market in both places.

@StShark I took a quick look at your site and it is as expected. If I'm living in China I won't really have a need to DIY and make my own coils. The coils you sell look very nice.

I took a quick look on JD and Taobao and prices were not very impressive. I have some friends in Shenzhen so I guess I will have to make a visit one of these days. It seems that I will have to learn more about the hardware and look at it in person. Knowing the markup can be a big help. I never thought about bringing Vaping hardware back to sell. Unfortunately, none of my friends in the UK vape which makes it a lot harder as I'm unfamiliar with the market in both places.

@StShark I took a quick look at your site and it is as expected. If I'm living in China I won't really have a need to DIY and make my own coils. The coils you sell look very nice.
Don't think about bringing vape hardware to sell right now. Don't worth a try. 'cause many shop owners can get the hardware at cost. Resellers like us make money from duty refund. That's why many wholesalers here quit vape industry, no margin at all. Anyway, lucky for vapers, Chinese factories beat the vape to a cheap hobby, at least on gears. Juice don't try China made. full of clone here

Don't think about bringing vape hardware to sell right now. Don't worth a try. 'cause many shop owners can get the hardware at cost. Resellers like us make money from duty refund. That's why many wholesalers here quit vape industry, no margin at all. Anyway, lucky for vapers, Chinese factories beat the vape to a cheap hobby, at least on gears. Juice don't try China made. full of clone here
That's very useful information for when I move to Beijing Next year. My brother-in-law (wife's cousin) is based in Shenzhen. I can load up on 0 nic juice before heading over and upgrade my kit when I arrive. Is it difficult to get quality 72mg nicotine?

That's very useful information for when I move to Beijing Next year. My brother-in-law (wife's cousin) is based in Shenzhen. I can load up on 0 nic juice before heading over and upgrade my kit when I arrive. Is it difficult to get quality 72mg nicotine?
72mg nicotine? insane. there are many nic-solt been sold on TAOBAO, and claiming they r USA made, I am not sure though. I bought 36mg online only for pods. Don't know if there are some 72mg available. I won't suggest to buy ejuice in China, but if u will stay much longer, better try some taobao shops with "crown" which pricing is higher but big odds are authentic. And if u tasted it out that is fake, u can return it back only open an issue on taobao and get ur money back even u already opened it.

Surely China should have a lot to offer in terms of vape stuff no ?
Smok, Kangertech and Wismec are from there

Back
Top Bottom