What's new

Vaporesso Orca Solo Plus

eyeball kid

Legend
WP_20200218_15_44_26_Pro.jpg

18mm x 123mm.
2ml tank capacity.
Coils, 0.6ohm mesh 16-18-22w & 1.3ohm ccell 7-10-12w.
1200mah battery (built in)
1amp micro usb charge point (usb lead included).
3 colour led battery life display/ power output.
2 spare o rings, spare glass and user manual included.
(Be aware the spare glass is hidden beneath the kit packaging. So don't accidentally throw this away).

The Orca Solo kit was sent to me for review by the good folks at @Vaporesso.
These are my own views. Make of them what you will.

As you can see it visually looks like we've stepped back in time to the early vape boom but my the quality of the vape delivered is very different.
This is an all in one device (aio) so the tank doesn't separate from the battery mod. This device is perfect for new vapers, vapers who want a simple straight forward no fuss device or a pocket friendly kit for the advanced vapers.

WP_20200218_15_45_26_Pro.jpg

The battery needs little explanation. One fire button to vape. This requires the usual tch the mod on (or off) and if pressed three times in quick succession you can scroll through three power settings.
As in the specs above the output varies depending on the coil installed. You can see which of the three power settings your in by observing the colour the led around the fire button displays. (Red is low, blue mid and green high, this varies wattage wise depending on which coil your using. 7, 10, 12w for The 1.3 ccell and 16, 18_ 22w for The 0.6ohm mesh coil).

The top tank section is delineated by the airflow ring. This is from enough not to rattle or move but still smooth and easy to adjust.
You can go from a solid zero airflow through to four wide open airflow holes (each is around 1.2/5mm in diameter) so you can go from tight mtl to wide open mtl.

The top shell of the tank is threaded above the airflow ring. This also includes the drip tip which is a standard removable 510 style should you prefer your own.
Once you unscrew the top shell it reveals the cylindrical glass of the tank held firmly and securely in place via a chunky o ring (2 spares are included). I've had no issue's with the glass accidentally coming free when removing the top.
You can then remove the glass with a firm pull (lol).
This reveals a threaded hole leading down to the airflow ring base in which you screw in your preferred coil.
The glass pushes back into place and then you can fill this up very easily as The glass tank makes almost a cup. (Refilling is as easy as unscrewing The tank shell and squeezing your liquid into The glass surrounding the coil).
The ccell 1.3 ohm coil offers a flavourfull but not too cloudy or overpowering vape. As the power required starts from 7watts, this coil offers the most battery efficient choice. Even at the full 12watts the vape is never to warm.
The 0.6ohm mesh coil really brings the Orca to life. Yes you'll sacrifice some battery life but wow does it ever push the flavour out. I personally kept this set at it's lowest setting as I prefer the airflow quite tight and when the power is turned up the vape becomes quite warm and cloudy to the verge of a far bigger sub ohm style kit. Flavours remained outstanding in all power settings.
The coils had no issue's with wicking. That said, I kept to 50/50 vg/pg for the 1.3ohm coils as this would be the maximum vg level I'd recommend on this coil. You can visually see the wicking holes in this coil are very small and would be ideally suited to a high pg nic salt juice.
No such restrictions with the 0.6ohm mesh coils. Used both 50 & 70%vg with these and had no issue's. If I purposefully chain vaped with the airflow wide open in an unnatural way I could get the coils to struggle to wick but once again thanks to the vaporesso chip inside, as soon as the coil started to dry, the wattage ramped down and shut off making the fire button flash red.
This isn't an issue but a clever and fast action the Orca's chip to prevent you burning your coil and wick like the mods of old.
When I started vaping I'm afraid I lost count of the coils I lost due to not allowing the cotton to saturate, using too high a vg juice or pushing wattage to high.
No such issue's here which makes this a fantastic choice for a novice or someone who really just wants a device that works without issue. Also coils aren't cheap so this is a tremendous function that you'll find on most recent vaporesso device's.

I'm afraid I'm like a broken record with the recent vaporesso stuff but I can't find fault with this.
If your after huge room filling clouds and airflow like a snorkel then I'd advise you look elsewhere (again the bigger vaporesso sub ohm aio devices are superb for this).
If you want a discreet well made device to help you quit smoking or so meet for your pocket when at work or out and about them you'll struggle to find about this small that delivers this much.

WP_20200304_22_38_07_Pro.jpg

WP_20200218_15_49_59_Pro.jpg

Huge thanks to vaporesso again.
you can find these little beauties in the UK now for less than twenty notes.
https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/vaporesso-orca-solo-plus

Last edited:
Thanks for your thoughts on this. Vaporesso are sending me one too. Look forward to trying it.

Nice review @eyeball kid , glad to see it's an improvement on the original. Look forward to your views too @rew as I've just turned down the offer of this for testing :)2

Nice review @eyeball kid , glad to see it's an improvement on the original. Look forward to your views too @rew as I've just turned down the offer of this for testing :)2
It's really good fella. If they ask again definitely give it a go as it will surprise you.
used it every evening with some base zero and the coils lasting ages.

Thanks for your thoughts on this. Vaporesso are sending me one too. Look forward to trying it.
Think you'll like it rew. They are turning up from around £15 here which is a no brainer. Definitely my go to answer to what's a good place to start.

It's really good fella. If they ask again definitely give it a go as it will surprise you.
used it every evening with some base zero and the coils lasting ages.
I've ummed & arred for 24hrs but think I'm just jaded to pods/aios in general at the moment & do nothing for me. Having a BB set up for "discrete" vaping fills the gap between cloud chucking & not being obnoxious.:D
If Vaporesso ever do a 21700 Gen I'll be all over it like a rash :D:D

I've ummed & arred for 24hrs but think I'm just jaded to pods/aios in general at the moment & do nothing for me. Having a BB set up for "discrete" vaping fills the gap between cloud chucking & not being obnoxious.:D
If Vaporesso ever do a 21700 Gen I'll be all over it like a rash :D:D
Fair enough fella. I get you. Been too busy to look for anything new myself of late. The process of learning how to use a new mod/tank sounds exhausting.
All I can do to keep up with wicking.
I think an announcement on the new vaporesso big mod was immanent prior to this chicken virus nonsense. Hopefully it will appear soon.

Nice review as always, Sounds like an improvement on the last one.

Back
Top Bottom