What's new

Vaporesso XROS 3 Pod Kit Review

JohnNada

Achiever
Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Sourcemore, Vaporesso or POTV, nor am I getting paid for this review.

I’ll preface this review off by admitting that I’ve never really been into pods however, I’ve noticed that they seem to have become more popular again on the forum so they’ve piqued my interest lately. They must be good if even die-hard rebuildable vapers are getting into them, right? With that in mind when our friends at @Sourcemore offered the Vaporesso XROS 3 as an option for review I was keen to see how a modern pod device performs, plus I’ve always been a big Vaporesso fan so if I was going to try a pod device one of theirs seemed like the obvious choice.

2c2MyEw.jpeg

First up, device details and specifications:

-Precise adjustable airflow
-Pulse mode, powerful boosting
-New 0.6ohm mesh RDL pod
-SSS tech, anti-leaking
-1000mAh battery capacity
-5V/1A Fast Charging (approx. 30 minutes from 0-100%)
-Provides tight MTL to RDL vaping
-Compatible with all XROS pods (note: apart from the new 0.4om pod which only works with the Pro model – I was sent some of these and can confirm they don’t work)
-COREX heating tech, lasting 50% longer
-Flawless rounded-edge design
-Neon battery indicator
-Top filling system
-Dimensions: 13.7 x 23.6 x 115.1mm
-Colours: Black, Navy Blue, Space Grey, Icy Silver, Sky Blue, Rose Pink, Royal Gold, Mint Green, Ice Blue, Peach Pink, Fresh Green, Zenith, Synthwave, Neon Sunset

Here’s the link to Vapresso’s XROS page if you want to see what all their tech means:

Moving on to packaging and contents, the kits is well presented in typical Vaporesso fashion as pictured above and includes the following:

-1x XROS 3 device
-1x XROS Series 0.6ohm Mesh Pod (Pre-installed)
-1x XROS Series 1.0ohm Mesh Pod (In box)
-1x Type-C Charging Cable
-1x User Manual & Warranty Card

Then finally before we get into the review, let’s go over device operation:

-Charge the device for 30 minutes with the supplied USB-C cable until the light goes green (mine came fully charged, yay!)
-Pop the black mouthpiece off the pod to reveal the fill hole and fill with liquid via the hole with the red gasket. Leave a small gap at the top when filling or it will spill out of the small breather hole and will then gurgle for the first few draws. I didn’t make that mistake, honest!
-Pop the cap back on, attach the pod to the battery section and leave it for 10 or so minutes for the liquid to soak into the coil.
-5 clicks of the fire button turns the device on or off.
-Adjust your airflow using the slider. You can also fully close it as there are two tiny holes on the side of the device.
-Either use the fire button or auto-draw to vape.
…and that’s it! Super easy!

ThMdf3u.jpeg

There’s no display on the device however the LED at the base shows the current battery level:

-Green = 70% – 100%
-Blue = 30% – 70%
-Red = 0% – 30%
-It also phases through different colours as you vape.

Ok, so with that out of the way let’s see how it actually performs.

The 0.6ohm coil comes pre-installed however I had a bottle of Supergood Butter 04 10mg salts to hand so opted to try the 1.0 ohm pod first. After filling the pod and letting it soak for 10 minutes I must say I was very impressed from the first draw. In my opinion Vaporesso make some of the best stock coils on the market (GTI and GTX for example) and the XROS pods/coils are no exception. Butter 04 is a firm favourite of mine and all the flavour notes I expect from it were present and well represented. The draw from from 1.0ohm pod with the airflow slider set to the small hole was perfect for my MTL tastes too, and you can ever go tighter by closing the slider completely and relying on the two tiny holes on the side of the device. I put a good 20ml through the coil and it showed no sign of loosing flavour or burning out, and there was also no sign or leaking through out the whole time I used it. There was a tiny bit of condensation, but that's normal and easy to wipe off when re-filling. Battery life was great with this coil too, I was easily getting a day out of it.

Onto the 0.6ohm RDL pod next. I thought I’d change my luck with some 70/30 liquid so went with another favourite, Supergood Butter 06. After how good the 1.0ohm pod performed I was expecting great things from the 0.6ohm and whilst it didn’t disappoint in terms of flavour, it did intermittently cut out when taking a draw longer than 3 seconds, both then using either the auto-draw or fire button. I discovered that closing the airflow completely allowed for a longer draw, but that kind of defeats it’s purpose as a RDL pod. I suspect it may be designed this way to stop the coils burning out however 3 seconds just feels too short for a satisfying RDL draw. It’s a shame as it provides a lovely vape until it cuts out. The upside is it still works as a decent loose-ish MTL pod with the airflow fully closed. Battery life obviously isn’t as good as the 1.0ohm pod, however that’s to be expected and I was still getting most of the day out of it before needing to pop it on charge.

Sadly I didn’t have any of the 0.8ohm or 1.2ohm pods to test, however I would guess they would perform similarly to the excellent 1.0ohm pods, and hopefully 0.8ohm pod isn’t be limited to a 3 second draw like the 0.6ohm variant.

It’s also worth noting that the pods are held in place by strong magnets and they successfully passed my non-scientific Wiggle Test, which consisted of holding it by the pod and giving it a good shake. There is a tiny bit of movement, but it thankfully doesn’t fall off so reassuring to know it won’t randomly detach in your bag or pocket. Speaking of bags and pockets, but sure to turn the device off as there’s no way to lock the fire button button.

Other than the cut off on the 0.6ohm pods, my only other real complaint is I’m not a fan of pods where you can’t change the coil, however I do appreciate this make things much easier and convenient for many people, and probably helps a lot with the leak resistance.

UvlMDU7.jpeg

Conclusion:

As I mentioned above, I generally avoid pod devices but I have to say I’ve been nothing but impressed by the XROS 3, in no small part due to the excellent 1.0hm pods and it’s ease of use. It’s the perfect MTL vape for me. As such if you’re a new vaper, someone making the switch from disposables or even an experienced vaper looking for something sleek for out an about then I would definitely recommend checking out the XROS 3… provided of course you’re looking for a MTL device. For those who prefer RDL, I would suggest you’d be better off checking out something like the XROS Pro.

Pros:

-The 1.0ohm coil is excellent, providing a true representation of your chosen liquid’s flavour(s).
-Auto-draw works wonderfully.
-Quick to charge and long battery life.
-Light, sleek and comfortable to use.
-Easy to fill.
-Leak free.

Cons:

-You have to throw the whole pod away when changing the coil.
-0.6ohm pod cuts out after 3 seconds unless the airflow is fully closed.
-I would have preferred the charging port to be on the side of the device to facilitate charging with it standing up.
-No fire button lock.

Score: 7.5/10 – would have been a 8.5 if not for the cut-off with the 0.6ohm pod.

As always, a huge thank you to @Sourcemore for making this review possible. No code this time as it’s already a great price:

Fantastic review matey. Ive loved all the Xros kits and the v3 is my current kit and my fave, the 1.0 mesh pods are as you said great mtl coils. For me they about 6 to 7 days so a pack of 4 does me for 4 weeks. They never leak, but i agree i too would prefer the charging port on the side.

Thanks for sharing

Fantastic review matey. Ive loved all the Xros kits and the v3 is my current kit and my fave, the 1.0 mesh pods are as you said great mtl coils. For me they about 6 to 7 days so a pack of 4 does me for 4 weeks. They never leak, but i agree i too would prefer the charging port on the side.

Thanks for sharing

Much appreciated @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) 😊

I'm going to have to try the 0.8ohm and 1.2ohm pods soon, just for comparison sake.

Nice review mate. Seems strange that there is a 3 second cut out on the 0.6 coil. I wonder if it could be a faulty coil or device? It doesn't make sense.

Nice review mate. Seems strange that there is a 3 second cut out on the 0.6 coil. I wonder if it could be a faulty coil or device? It doesn't make sense.

Yeah it does strike me as odd.

I just did some Googling and the ecigclick reviewer found the same, plus a few people on Reddit too. Some think it's a safety feature.

Good review mate. I've found with the Xros kits you can get a longer draw if you draw on it a bit more steadily and with a bit less effort RDL wise.

Good review mate. I've found with the Xros kits you can get a longer draw if you draw on it a bit more steadily and with a bit less effort RDL wise.

Thanks bud! I'll try that, but to be honest I'm more than happy to keep it strictly for MTL as it's just so good with the 1.0ohm pods.

Thanks bud! I'll try that, but to be honest I'm more than happy to keep it strictly for MTL as it's just so good with the 1.0ohm pods.

Aye they're great for MTL. I suppose I was using the 0.6 as well so might not be the same on the 0.8 or 1.0s.

Much appreciated @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) 😊

I'm going to have to try the 0.8ohm and 1.2ohm pods soon, just for comparison sake.
Yep, I had both but that was with the V2 kit, the 0.8 is very good, my best mate only uses that one, the 1.2 i can't really remember tbh. Do you mix your own juices at all? I have 2 bottles of 18mg freebase nic I won't use, they were sent to me in error. I think I have a 0.8 and a 1.2 pod somewhere, i could send it all to you. DM me if you are interested

Yep, I had both but that was with the V2 kit, the 0.8 is very good, my best mate only uses that one, the 1.2 i can't really remember tbh. Do you mix your own juices at all? I have 2 bottles of 18mg freebase nic I won't use, they were sent to me in error. I think I have a 0.8 and a 1.2 pod somewhere, i could send it all to you. DM me if you are interested

That's good to hear about the other pods :)

I do use shortfills with nic shots so that would be very kind of you! I'll send you a message shorty.

Thanks DeeDee!

Back
Top Bottom