What's new

Voopoo Argus P1 Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Welcome to my review today we have the Voopoo Argus P1 Pod kit, this was very kindly sent for purpose of review from @Sourcemore

As always this review is my own thoughts and not anyone else's, neither am I paid to do this.

Abit about the kit.....

Voopoo are big hitters In the vaping game from there Drag range, fantastic sub ohm tanks to recent pod kits, this is a carry on from the Argus pod kits, the original being a rectangle type typical pod pen, the new argus P1 comes in a small box shape type kit.

The kit comes in 5 different colour option, I revieved the all black for review.

Screenshot_20230118-181448_Samsung Internet.jpg

What's in the box.....

• ARGUS P1 device

• ARGUS pod 0.7ohm

• ARGUS pod 1.2ohm

• Type C USB charging cable

• User manual

• Lanyard

20230108_150029.jpg

Specs......

• Material: Zinc Alloy / PC

• Dimensions: 74.6 x 46.7 x 17.4mm

• Activation: Auto draw

• Pod capacity: 2ml (standard edition) / 2ml (EU edition)

• Pod resistance: 0.7ohm / 1.2ohm

• Resistance range: 0.5 – 3.0ohm

• Power range: 5-20W

• Battery capacity: 800mAh

• Output voltage: 3.2 – 4.2V

• PD fast charging: 5V/3A – 9V/1.5A – 12V/1.2A – 15V/1A

• Regular charging: 5V/2A

Mod.....

This is an autodraw only system and the wattage output depends on the amount you inhale, it runs to 20W meaning it's most certainly a MTL device. It's very simple being a small square shape and only having a USB port, adjustable airflow slider and a lanyard holder on it.

20230108_150029.jpg

The kit is charged via USB type C and I've found it generally takes around about 20/30 minutes which is great and it holds an 800MaH battery so it easily lasts all day with a full charge. All 4 LEDS will illuminate once fully charged.

20230108_150442.jpg

Just above the charging port is a adjustable airflow slider, this has a good amount of resistance to it meaning it won't moving around in your pocket but not so much its hard to move. The Adjustable airflow on this kit really is the star it can make a complete difference to the vape you get from looser mtl to really tight mtl. With the 0.7ohm coil you could possibly even get away with a very restricted DTL vape but it's better as a mtl vape in my opinion.

On top of the square rounded kit you have a lanyard holder If this is you're thing it fits nice and securely and means you can have it around your neck if needs be.

On the back side you have ARGUS imprinted onto the backside which isn't to much or in your face I think it fits quite nicely and the branding is broken up by see through paneling which show the circuit board, battery and LEDS.

20230108_150315.jpg

The LEDS are used as a battery indicator, there are 4 led strips which illuminate when vaped. The lights for the battery levels are:

• 76 – 100% Four white LEDs

• 51 – 75% Three white LEDs

• 25 – 50% Two white LEDs

• 1 -25% One Red LED

There is also safety features and the LEDS illuminate red a number of times. The lights your see and there meanings are:

• Low battery: LED flashes red ten times

• Short circuit: LED flashes red twice

• Time Out: LED flashes red eight times

• Over heat: LED flashes red fifteen times

The auto draw system works faultlessly with very little delay and a great vape each and every time.

Pods....

The kit comes with 2 pods included they're a 0.7ohm and a 1.2ohm pod. They're both completely clear pods meaning you can easily see your juice level and the coil OHM is printed clearly on the filling tab meaning you can tell which pod you're using between the 2

20230108_150302.jpg

They're non changeable pods, which could be seen as a niggle but for me they work perfectly I've had no leaking at all during my time using the kit, the fill port is a decent size and the tab Is easily opened and closed even for someone with no nails.

Having said that voopoo have now released an empty pod with changeable coils I haven't tested this yet for leaking or coil longevity but i think it's an excellent move from voopoo to cater this side of vaping.

This kit uses the same pods as the orginal Argus Kit if you have plenty of spares and fancy an upgrade which is a good addition from voopoo.

I Started with the pre installed 0.7ohm with the airflow fully open it's a very loose mtl boarding very restricted DTL vape, the flavour Is great with a decent amount of vapour for a small kit I found closing down the airflow to just under half gave a very good vape slightly looser mtl than i would normally have but the quality of vape and flavour made up for that. This pod lasted me over a week before I decided to swap it out for the 1.2ohm

As soon as I had my first vape I knew this was my favourite pod, even with the airflow open completely it was like the 0.7ohm half closed.

I knew closing it down was going to give me a tight mtl I had been wanting and looking for in a pod kit and I wasn't wrong closing it down complelty was very very tight almost uncomfortable but just a tad open and it was perfect.

Great flavour, great draw.. fantastic vape all round.

Again the pods still going strong just over a week of us so far.

Pros and Niggles.....

Pros....

• Great flavour

• Long lasting pods

• Zero leaking

• Autodraw works everytime

• Fast charging

• Adjustable airflow works brilliantly

• Lightweight small kit

Niggles...

• Nothing I can think off

Overall thoughts....

Overall I think this is one of the best mtl pod kits I've used since vaping, the flavour is brilliant, the adjustable airflow makes a massive difference on both coils whether you like a tight mtl or a looser mtl and with the 0.7ohm pod possibly even a tight restricted dtl.

I've had no leaking or any problems with the coils they have both lasted well into a week each which is brilliant.

The charging is fast and with an 800mah battery it lasts well into a second day of vaping. You can easily tell when it's running low with the vape becoming weaker which means you have plenty of time to charge it before it runs out.

The fact voopoo have now released empty pods with changeable coils is a really good step in the right direction to reduce waste with throwaway pods.

I am really struggling for any possible Niggles to improve the kit if I'm honest.

Discount code.....

VAPK $21.49 - VOOPOO Argus P1 Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/voopoo-argus-p1-pod-kit.html

Thank you as always to sourcemore for sending me this kit and also you for reading

Sam
264622-9913e4b6069e9d7d7e72457833aed7a9.jpg

Great review Sam. May have to treat myself to one! Its been well over a year since I had a new kit and I think its time!

The 1.2 sounds perfect and thats a decent battery the for the size

Thanks xx

Great review Sam. May have to treat myself to one! Its been well over a year since I had a new kit and I think its time!

The 1.2 sounds perfect and thats a decent battery the for the size

Thanks xx
Thanks Dee I would reccomend it great bit of kit! Great to hear from you hope you're all well

Thanks @Sam Andrews for a good review, I got an Argus P1 from @VOOPOO in a giveaway they ran a while back. I have to agree it’s a really nice kit I’m finding I’m using it more along side the Argus pod kits I have, good flavour easy to use pods are no problem and last a good while with the included lanyard brilliant for out and about an all round good quality kit. I also prefer the 1.2 pod works well for me as well. Thanks again enjoyed the review.

Even as a non pod user I can appreciate the usefulness of this kit. It seems to tick all the boxes for an out and about vape and I can see the lanyard being especially useful to people like my grandson who is a delivery driver and destroyer of pods.

A nice bit of kit and a good review, thanks Sam.

Nice review as always Sam mate. I do enjoy reading your thoughts on things.

There are a lot of pod kits like this about these days and it's good to read that you've had a positive experience with this one. I just like the looks of the wee boxy ones myself.

Good review mate.
I've got the original Argus, and the P1.
The pods last for ever. I bought some empty pods and coils, but haven't used them yet as the original pods refuse to die! Amazing longevity!

Back
Top Bottom