What's new

Voopoo Argus XT Kit

Tazz

Legend
Voopoo Argus XT Kit with UForce L Tank

Hello all. First thing I would like to do is thank Joyi from Sourcemore for sending me this Voopoo kit for review.
This, as usual, is not a paid review though I do get to keep the device.

THE ARGUS XT KIT
IMG_20230322_094141_167~2.jpg

Ok, this kit does come well packaged as Voopoo ones do these days and should survive the rough and tumble of todays delivery systems, should, hopefully!
IMG_20230322_094207_943~2.jpg

I was sent the Black Kevlar look version which does look pretty slick.
IMG_20230322_120347_943~3.jpg

IMG_20230322_094246_738~2.jpg

The XT kit, naturally, contains the usual mod with tank and accessories.
You will see with your mod and tank a spare glass, type C usb charge lead, two coils, replacement seals, an 18650 battery sleeve, a user manual and battery safety card.
IMG_20230322_111925_935~2.jpg

Note, you wont see the battery sleeve in the kit itself upon first look, its in the mod.
IMG_20230322_115946_105~2.jpg

The UForce L Tank
IMG_20230322_112828_699.jpg

Ok, the UForce L tank is a top airflow with tripple air vents designed for an easy draw, whistle free and leak free vape experience. Sounds good right!
Its a tall tank and quite solid sitting 53mm high and 25.5mm wide.
The air flow vents, the three of them, have 3 slots each and the ring is free turning, no stops.
IMG_20230322_112840_841~2.jpg

It works well, no whistle noises to me using it wide open which is my preference nor any when its closed down to restrict the air flow.
Inside there are 3 openings to allow the juice to reach the coil which is partially hidden by a chimney style covering. On the covering of the chimney are three dog heads, this 3 things becoming a bit of a theme with this tank isn't it. Im not sure what the tripple dog head design represents, perhaps Cerberus the 3 headed dog which in mythology guards the underworld? I don't know but again there are 3 of these on the chimney. Curiouser and curiouser!
IMG_20230322_112523_783~2.jpg

Anyway, at the base of the tank you will see a heat sink design supposedly to dissipate heat. Oddly, not in keeping with the 3 theme there are just 2 heat sink rings! Does it make a difference, im not sure but it may.
IMG_20230322_112657_384~2.jpg

The coil makes connection with the base of the tank via 3, there it is again, what appears to be gold plated pins.
IMG_20230322_114512_327~3.jpg

Filling is done via a what feels like a third turn, again 3, twist off top with some knurling around the edges to give the fingers a bit of grip.
The fill ports have two nice rubber fill sections which appear as slits and which close when removing the bottles tip. It works well and is very clean.
The tank I received is rated at 5.5 ml capacity. Upon filling with a syringe and a pre saturated coil the actual capacity is 4.5 ml.

The coils, PnP coils, use like most coils these days mesh and are quite small. The juice ports are partially covered and had me wondering about wicking ability given the overall small size of the coils and this covering.
IMG_20230322_113258_665~3.jpg

IMG_20230322_113402_537~2.jpg

First fitted was the PnP TW15 .15ohm rated 55 to 70 watts.
It needed no break in time and tasted good straight away. I settled on 58 watts.
Upon use over time my initial scepticism on wicking was alayed. They work very well and give fantastic flavour. I never had one bad or dry hit and put 160 ml of juice through it.
For such tiny coils they give an amazing unrestricted flavour full vape! They really have surprised me.
The other coil is also PnP, a TW20 .2 ohm rated 40 to 55 watts.
As yet its still in use and going great.
I have zero negative comments to make about this tank. There has been no sump leaking, gurgling from the tank base, the coils keep on keeping on and overall its great! It really is.

The XT 100 Mod

Allrighty, here's where things go a bit belly up.

The Mod looks lovely, it can use 18650 batteries via the supplied battey sleave or 21700 ones if desired.
It has 3 amp type C charging.
A snap close charge port door.
IMG_20230322_120137_438~3.jpg

A Quick lock switch.
IMG_20230322_120257_513~2.jpg

A Lanyard ring.
IMG_20230322_120046_896~3.jpg

Has various modes being Smart, RBA (variable wattage), Turbo and Temperature.
It is powered by Voopoos Genie 20 TT Chip.
Rating of the Mod is IP68, Shock Proof, Dust Proof and Water Proof.
But, it comes in a no screw, no holes design.

This is where it goes sour I am afraid.
It was within the first days use I felt movement in the Lanyard ring. Something wasn't right.
Not much into the use it fell whilst setting it down on a very very low coffee table just 36cm high landing on some nice soft carpet. The entire top section under the coil fell to pieces, and I mean pieces.
IMG_20230416_100339_187~2.jpg

There was nothing of any significant strength holding the top section together, it was all just press fit and poorly done at that. In my mind it has no structural integrity.
Now before anyone says or thinks "yeah but it fell!" Yes it did, from a ridiculously low height onto the softest surface almost imaginable other than foam!
Too, I have numerous other mods which have survived much much worse being dropped from waist height onto concrete or the actual ground outside! Some were IP68 rated, some were not! The way this just fell to pieces in my eyes shows a big flaw in its design and a non deserved IP68 rating.
My use of this mod was so limited as a result that I have little to say on its overall performance.
The issue is manifold.
1 It has no screws holding anything in place up top in order to give it any true structural soundness.
2 Its a very thin and tall mod making it unstable to set down.
3 The Tank, though 2 big thumbs up on its own, is very tall and heavy making the kit itself very top heavy and unstable when setting it down and prone to being too easily knocked over or falling.
A number of times before the fall I had to be very conscious when setting it down seeing it a few times wobble and nearly topple.
The Tank to me does not belong on this Mod! Its a recipe for disaster.
Setting it down on anything other than a hard flat surface see's it want to go over if ones not vigilant.

FINAL VERDICT

Like I have said the UForce L tank and its coils are real winners. I have zero negative comments to make on them. It really is a fantastic tank as are the coils. Two big thumbs up. I would recommend the UForce L Tank any day.

The Mod, quite simply lacks strength up top and I cannot endorse or recommend it.

Avoid thMod…...get the Tank.
The L Tank is great.

Many thanks again to Joyi from Sourcemore for sending this to me for review.

Cheers to all and stay well and stay safe wherever you are.

Last edited:
Thanks @Tazz a honest review and good one at that this is the type of reviews I take note of. Cheers mate

Thanks to all replies. I very much appreciate them all.
I try to do honest reviews, warts n all. If its a fail, its a fail. End of story. If i get dumped, I have been here and elsewhere. But never by Sourcemore. I have much respect for Sourcemore letting this review go ahead.
But I can tell you guys, other places are not the same.
So, two big thumbs up for Sourcemore.
Hopefully can bring some more honest reviews the same.
Cheers and very much thanks again for the replies.
Take care Apes!

Back
Top Bottom