What's new

Voopoo Drag 4 kit

red5

Achiever
Voopoo Drag 4 kit review by Antony Lord
6EK-GxIxk2AnOEj_F5h-yKQe5h0MPL_a9r8ObWq4JuWZnrMlVqZg9sqJFoB7E60WGKK7dzOU9hbbic9Jw7q01vUO51RhNj8RJu7j8qE7bebyWW_Qf9gt0mCeku62YBfI9svVvHaBTyaUFMYOM8gtUq5mMukZs1snVwT_o3TrHfm8S--KBsjPeC4zcUAQaA

Voopoo continues their 2022 refresh with the release of the new Drag 4 kit, an evolution of their ever popular dual 18650 kit. This time around they’ve gone all posh with the materials and there are plenty of other big improvements over previous versions to look at as well.

Specifications:
  • 89.2 x 52.5 x 25.5 mm
  • Dual 18650 battery
  • Output 5~177 watts / 8.4 volts
  • Resistance range 0.05~3.0 ohms
  • U-Force L (PnP coil) tank
jnMPn2lZ7GPaJ-hSjYxxFLZBf1at30X3BaR-KTc-dXVp5X1KPdUlROOXrkYIItUilbGKP76JoQVVvcuSZ-jIatil0n8AT5T8t0POGBjUs9QICqpwwpAgDYnfV05qO8SHcEdQRqMy68yHRdqv9X_UhSCTz6ZMnh0IQ7Q3tAURxvqK-RbdwQnwesEPQqIV0Q

The Drag 4 comes in two varieties, the “Wood series” and the “Resin series” with three colours in each range and I was lucky enough to be sent the “pale gold and walnut” version from the wood series. Before opening the box I was a little worried that this was going to be bling central and I was relieved when I discovered that the “pale gold” is actually more like a dull silver which looks quite fetching. The main draw of the wood series is the wooden veneer side panels coupled with a matching leather pad running down the spine, if you want a more traditional look then you need to look at the resin series which have resin side panels with designs that hark back to earlier versions of the Drag series.

PO_ZUEVYzZVL6BMZzrGSzz2-Us72ty-Cv3GTQOSdQ8jzpJY8xNY07sb9fep68EWtLFUxbVUCg2L5A3W6hBD06NoVoxX0Gq2ZMm_N_-obQdhbZxpJgoObvKbBO0-0CyF248BNeAlsu78eSjsnAqK4OXWP6__BiPfCPc-vcvOO3VAoLh8ZeZ2rx-VORlHE1A

The Drag 4 is instantly recognisable as Voopoo product and it takes design queues from several earlier models and gives everything a clean fresh look. Up top you have a slightly raised 510 plate, this is only 23.3mm wide at the top but anything up to 25.6m looks fine without any noticeable overhang.

fmSgUMjhJk0_UDLg61IsjVIkF4NAxC1XfTPUj4deaMR_luSGTCk3Pz8EDsjeJXtAMYn1ZuW1AmrnTVgRobPUoPKeDw6sCHQX1T6GtUBSJZN1bYMCGFEWqhhurj21b2vY5SdtyDxf_FzxXthoQPetxzz-IYv7Hozxlp4SowmA7k14O433KX9-g7ylXPx64A

The front panel features a large colour screen and I particularly like how easy it is to read the wattage. The controls all have a nice solid feel with zero button rattle and the new Gene.TT 2.0 chip feels really responsive and has wattage and temperature control modes. There’s an extra switch in play here as well, the “multi-function switch” that you can see just below the screen, this can be set to “lock” which locks all the buttons, “power” which acts as an on/off switch, or “watts” which locks just the up/down buttons. I’ve found the “power” function the most helpful here but you may prefer one of the other modes.

As always the Wattage modes are described as “smart”, which is generally anything but in my experience and will try to set the wattage depending on the ohm reading of your atomiser, and “RBA” which allows you to set the wattage manually. Do yourself a favour and just set it to RBA mode which is basically standard wattage and leave it there!

The on board USB-C charging is capable of up to 3 amps charging and it did actually meet this specification on a QC2.0 compliant charger so charging is rapid should you need to use it. The charging rate does seem to bounce up and down a bit and it didn’t seem to work as well when I tried it on a PD compliant charging port, that just seemed to confuse it, so I’d possibly avoid using one of those and as always I’d recommend using a dedicated external charger in any case.

It’s not all sweetness and roses though as the deep sleep after 30 minutes is still present requiring you to press once to wake the Drag 4 from its slumber before you can continue vaping which can get a bit frustrating. It also goes into the awful “eco mode” on weak batteries as well but I’m really nit picking here.

tW9ow8p3P5bOwyjcsn6N4m1R4gKVNM3XhHpWDiCEB3rh9I1b4Dy_1y-8q3ii4YvYzF6RJI-DR3or6rhvTiOjfsHgd1noWFDjcsthoK5TXsF_J_hMFkKvBpe9GgAaJDhGhNNI8YARVQt7s8XdEGqTZuOrYNgNm2fqoyMKqrgTybNQydpCHn24XnR_h55VUg

The Drag 4 sports a C-Frame design this time around and it’s a massive improvement, gone are the wobbly side panels from V1 & 2 and the spring loaded bottom battery door from V3. I was initially worried that it might be difficult to get the inner battery in and out (a la Lost Vape mods of yore) but this hasn’t been the case and the battery compartment is fairly clearly marked…. This hasn’t stopped me accidentally putting in a battery upside down once or twice though when I've been in a rush to get out of the door in the morning so I can report that the polarity safety works!

The C-Frame panel itself features very nice wooden veneer panels, and yes they do actually appear to be real wood veneers rather than a sticker so each one should be unique. I love the way this subtly blends into the leather spine with the Voopoo logo running down the centre as well. There’s a small “Drag 4” logo insert on one of the panels and the C-Frame works either way up. This really does give the Drag 4 a slightly more premium feel only slightly let down by the slightly cold feeling zinc alloy and plastic chassis which can make it feel a bit hollow particularly without any batteries fitted.

KXvXF5uqtMecDAvFWcez_DKy5eebUcDcFlHFBs4PZbR-hScB7CTkStVDR7-OKN86u_7rxUiG_yHvrMJ5EWQgs8HwbirH4mbrZd5MX2V5Q2oWF1fxf4ZOZ1DGttWpLmkmAYL4AV4JC25Mcchlf0tCNJQvr-gBD8fQd0dEx_GdLhVA1ejZo-WKK0yTIiwuKg

The pack-in tank is the new UForce-L which uses standard Voopoo PnP coils, yes that’s right the same ones we’ve been using in their pod systems for the past few years. It’s nice to see this offered in a traditional metal and glass tank design with top airflow, a removable drip tip and convenient top fill rather than some flimsy plastic pod posing as a sub-ohm tank. A word of warning on the top fill though, be sure to hold this bolt upright when filling as it seems to back up otherwise and you’ll end up with e-liquid everywhere!

MQhz50P-uq09knPVmas88WVapq4Dcoa6uSPH13sy8oBsp6D22TDZhaFa38I8XI0OkDrOO2QPOLZU_Cc0S_ePWpEvVj7c1eblsXBf5vSL9dwFqqdQzjnSNnOnDkjKUbtnq5g7F7hGt2Q2H4HjZcMbNfu35Rar95PdrMGogGYp3XrUSwacUdkHq77l11Ct-g

Unscrew the base of the tank and the pod origins of the UForce-L become more apparent. The two coils included in the kit are both new to me and feature mesh heads with dual heating zones, Voopoo were kind enough to let me know that they’re kanthal coils as well. These have been stellar, I struggle to pick out strawberry flavours but these seemed to make this pop, perhaps due to those dual heating zones, so they get a big thumbs up from me although they can be a bit thirsty which might be an issue with 2ml TPD compliant kits.

Pros:
  • Nice materials used in the wood series
  • Great pack in tank
  • Uses PnP coils

Cons:
  • Battery polarity could be better marked

Conclusion:

This is my favourite Drag kit to date the C-Frame design is a massive improvement over the wobbly battery doors of old and the premium materials on the wood series really help set it apart.

dG6RaMMPvIYMfQFWz2A0KJ1bPY5snHOC2-0yrS993FxBC0c6k5TWnFIVk9IFDftW39Dg-P6fsG20h3mCvnB34EmV_geMGctpdpwMZxmdcYnzBpLHtOPoHnImYe_B6NKSJS3xK1SEre2kwxUJVom1tTzg1uZaoARwPRIbWzjG7NaUTWJMe-3i-Kb8pwzoMA

Many thanks to @VOOPOO for sending the Drag 4 over for review.

Great review. Thinking of getting this, was deciding on this or the Argus GT2 but I think I'm settling on this as I had the drag 2 a few years ago.

I had 2 questions before buying. 1 you answered in review, I read the modes available and was worried I'd have to opt for smart, only tried that once and nearly sizzled my throat. So RBA mode it is.

My other question was regarding the batteries. Genuinely how easy do they go in? I bought me and the girlfriend a Lost Vape recently and neither of us like it but her reason is the batteries are really hard to get in and she's dented the bottom of the batteries and pushed in the top of her positive ends of the batteries. I really don't want to risk damaging batteries.

Great review. Thinking of getting this, was deciding on this or the Argus GT2 but I think I'm settling on this as I had the drag 2 a few years ago.

I had 2 questions before buying. 1 you answered in review, I read the modes available and was worried I'd have to opt for smart, only tried that once and nearly sizzled my throat. So RBA mode it is.

My other question was regarding the batteries. Genuinely how easy do they go in? I bought me and the girlfriend a Lost Vape recently and neither of us like it but her reason is the batteries are really hard to get in and she's dented the bottom of the batteries and pushed in the top of her positive ends of the batteries. I really don't want to risk damaging batteries.
My Argus GT2 turned out to be poorly constructed and juice was beginning to enter it. The top plate was poorly sealed with gaps between the sealant.

Dont get the GT2, mine is showing low battery and shutting off even with fully charged batts and its only a few months old :( Batts in the drag 4 are really easy to put in. I think its probably the best mod they have made so far.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input. I've ordered the drag.
As for the tank issue, I'm going mod only. I love my tank, had a couple of tanks after this one and missed it. When I went back I couldn't believe I considered anything else.
(Freemax Mpro 2 with quad coils)

My drag 4 arrived today. Looks and feels good...
One issue. Both batteries drain at 1% each per puff.
Same tank, batteries and settings as my 2 other mods. Could this be a faulty unit? Does firmware need updating maybe?
Hope it's neither to be fair as I don't own a laptop to upgrade it.

My drag 4 arrived today. Looks and feels good...
One issue. Both batteries drain at 1% each per puff.
Same tank, batteries and settings as my 2 other mods. Could this be a faulty unit? Does firmware need updating maybe?
Hope it's neither to be fair as I don't own a laptop to upgrade it.

Hmmn never seen that with the drag4, don't upgrade firmware if its out there yet, try some different batteries and see if its the same. If it is then send back to supplier asking for a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom