What's new

Vtc mini..... Faulty?

You should definitely lock the resistance in temp control mode.
At least that was my understanding.

It's a bit confusing because lock and calibrate are not the same thing.

You need to calibrate a coil at room temp, and the mod then uses this as the baseline value for calculations.

Locking just means that if you remove the atty and replace it, the mod will use the previously locked value rather than trying to recalibrate.

On some mods (e.g. IPV D2) lock and calibrate happen simultaneously and must be done manually. On others (e.g. VTC mini, DNA40, cuboid) all the lock feature does is bypass the automatic "new coil/same coil" prompt when re-mounting an atty - here the lock feature is not essential. I usually lock anyway, but I have left it unlocked all day before without realising.

I believe you are mistaken in regards to the vtc mini.
Locking the resistance on the mini means actually locks the temp control calibration for that resistance.

Edit/
After reading the manual again I can see where you are coming from.
I am not 100% now.
Would love to get this issue fully resolved though!

Last edited:
Ok a bit of an update found this in the joyetech forum

-----------------------

http://social.joyetech.com/showthread.php?tid=2158&page=3

The VTC needs to know the coil's resistance at room temperature for temperature control to work, if your coil is hot when selecting "New Coil" it is not calibrated the way it should, and doesn't work well.

--------------------

Ok a bit of an update found this in the joyetech forum

-----------------------

http://social.joyetech.com/showthread.php?tid=2158&page=3

The VTC needs to know the coil's resistance at room temperature for temperature control to work, if your coil is hot when selecting "New Coil" it is not calibrated the way it should, and doesn't work well.

--------------------

Yeah exactly. This is calibration, not locking. If you lock, you will not be asked "same coil/new coil" again, that's all. As far as I can tell, the VTC mini only recalibrates if you unmount, remount and then select "new coil" - it won't try to recalibrate while you're vaping, so you don't need to lock it.

So for joyetech stuff you are just "locking" the "calibration"?
Which is exactly what I though it did.

lol I only have a cuboid and vtc mini so I have no clue about other meaning of the world on other mods! :)

Back
Top Bottom