What's new

What a week (idiot and also ceiling collapsed)

conanthewarrior

Achiever
Hi everyone. This week hasn’t been the best at all, I’ve managed to vent a battery in the middle of the night, get two stuck in a mod, and pay for my roof fix for my ceiling to fall through :/

It’s both actually been cuboids, have one in grey and one in silver.

I really like them both, but the silver is in better condition.

Last night I put some re wrapped 25rs in, which we’re fine but a bit hard to get in, instant heat, one would come out the other stuck and still heating up so put it in my front garden very quickly.

The mod seems fine today, apart from the fact a cell is stuck in it.

I thought oh well use the other cuboid. I just put the batteries in and again a tight fit. Works fine but the batteries are stuck!

And to top it all off this happened today- the extension that leads to my upstairs has a partial flat roof.
I payed for it to be fixed, and during all of it the coving first fell, then a light, then the actual blooming ceiling.

It’s defintely not my week after the mod fiasco, but how is everyone and I hope a little bit of my problems might lighten the mood.

Any ideas how to get the batteries out though? They are well stuck

Hi everyone. This week hasn’t been the best at all, I’ve managed to vent a battery in the middle of the night, get two stuck in a mod, and pay for my roof fix for my ceiling to fall through :/

It’s both actually been cuboids, have one in grey and one in silver.

I really like them both, but the silver is in better condition.

Last night I put some re wrapped 25rs in, which we’re fine but a bit hard to get in, instant heat, one would come out the other stuck and still heating up so put it in my front garden very quickly.

The mod seems fine today, apart from the fact a cell is stuck in it.

I thought oh well use the other cuboid. I just put the batteries in and again a tight fit. Works fine but the batteries are stuck!

And to top it all off this happened today- the extension that leads to my upstairs has a partial flat roof.
I payed for it to be fixed, and during all of it the coving first fell, then a light, then the actual blooming ceiling.

It’s defintely not my week after the mod fiasco, but how is everyone and I hope a little bit of my problems might lighten the mood.

Any ideas how to get the batteries out though? They are well stuck
We’ll if you pull the ceiling down and chuck in a roof light you’ll have somewhere to throw your mod next time your batteries vent.

We’ll if you pull the ceiling down and chuck in a roof light you’ll have somewhere to throw your mod next time your batteries vent.

Good idea! Just lob it through the roof instead of having to open the door why didn’t I think of that lol!

On a serious note though, how do I get the cells out of the cuboid and cuboid? They slid in quite easily but nope. Mod is holding them all for dear life- I’m more interested in getting the ones out of the one that didn’t have the accident though.

I must admit this is probably due to me now, I might not have noticed a tear or similar that I would have before

And I must add I don’t make a habit of venting them- it happened once around 2016, then recently.

I am just a twat now that way I guess luck wise

Crikey !! You're having some bad luck there mate ...... glad nobody was hurt though. and hope you get your ceiling fixed up.
I still have my (silver) cuboid (take it you mean the original one with the display on the side) and use it still but not had a problem with the batteries getting stuck ever (use samsung 25R).

I think you can unscrew the top plate (two screws on it as i look now) and get access that way to maybe push the batteries out from the top ?

If you are talking the joyetech cuboid, from memory I think the display cover can be prized off and it will reveal a mounting screw (2 behind the battery door too I think).

This should allow the whole innards to come out which will make the battery removal far easier

Bad times mate. Looks like you had a leak in roof and that's made it collapse. Things can only get better now :)

That's a pretty shit week alright. Hope things improve for you soon.

They say bad things run in three well they normally do for me anyway hope things get better for you mate.

Not my idea but try ceramic tweezers if you have them.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...gs/threads/cuboid-battery-stuck-inside.98694/

That ceiling, looks like you've had a leaky roof for ages, even that downlighter has gone all rusty :hmm:

imageuploadedbyplanet-of-the-vapes1455196557-037128-jpg.78745

Looking at that pick you could carefully try some nose pliers, bu you would probably have to rewrap your batteries.

Back
Top Bottom