What's new

Here’s a scary story for you

MarylinC37

Achiever
Here’s a story of what a lithium battery can do even if you think it’s empty and has no charge.

Because I’m partially sighted and need to bring things right up to my eyes to see clearly what I’m doing, when I started building my own RBA build decks about 4 years ago I needed something small and light to screw my build decks onto. It had to be easy for me to hold it in my hand and bring the deck right up to my eyes and move it around at different angles to see clearly while I’m working on it.

However, it needed to have a 510 connection to screw the deck onto so I bought myself a cheap little cylindrical mod for about £10 off ebay. This is it.

Ijoy-ETOP-M-OLD.jpg

It actually has a built-in 2200 mAh battery but since I only wanted it to build on it’s never been anywhere near a charger in 4 years.

Well last night I was rewicking an RDA and had just taken the deck out of my ultra-sonic and screwed it onto the mod and blew it dry with compressed air like I normally do. Then I fed my cotton through the coil when suddenly this little mod fired up, made the coil glow red and set light to the piece of cotton. Fortunately, I detected the heat in time so it didn’t do any damage. Now, despite never even looking at a charge cable in 4 years, the little light on this mod keeps blinking and it’s managed to find some charge from somewhere.

I now need to treat it as unsafe to keep using. Instead I’ve found myself a tiny little mech mod about the same size, 80mm long, that takes a single 18650 battery. Obviously I won’t be putting a battery into it but I’ll be able to use it to hold my atties and comfortably work on them the way I like to.

Ijoy-ETOP-M.jpg

Just goes to show though people - don’t make assumptions about empty lithium batteries.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom