What's new

What are you really missing.

Ooh mate, that's a tough one for you both. But if it's for her safety it's worth it.
@Mitz
Take care mate
Jon
Cheers, Jon. 12 weeks is a drop in the ocean in the grand scheme. We're very fortunate all things considered.

All the best mate. Stay safe. :)

I miss sending my kids to school while working, and my family and friends that all live too far to see them (other than FaceTime).
And long time perspective, being able to plan.

I miss sending my kids to school while working, and my family and friends that all live too far to see them (other than FaceTime).
And long time perspective, being able to plan.

Really frustrating at the moment. The only things I can plan are going to work and shopping.

My other half and youngest lad (he’s not that young - coming on 18)

we like many are in lockdown in separate houses - with my lad it’s coz he has gone to see his mum when it came down - he would normally be here.

I do get to see my oldest lad as - he is one of the manabush staff

Nothing has really changed for me, I am stuck indoors due to my condition. I txt my eldest Son almost every night but has lots going on including him and his partner expecting my first Grand Child, My youngest son hasn't talked to me since I split up with his mum and that's over 6 years ago, I constantly worry that they are all staying safe and not putting themselves at risk. Apart from that my days just drift from one to the next. If anything I do miss driving but like everything else my medical condition stops me doing that.

Nothing. Seriously, nothing.

Anything I don't have or can't do is something I can live without anyway. I was grumpy when my trips abroad were cancelled, but fuck it, eh - it's hardly the end of the world, that.
You prick.

I would pay in blood or sign away my soul to be able to climb on the bike and ride away to somewhere far, far south right now.

Rye is about 10 miles from Hastings (where I live), nice little ride really, there is a local small chain of mini /medium size supermarket type shops called Jempsons, they do decent tea and interesting beer, I do miss it but can certainly go without the beer, tea or bike ride.

It's a very expensive place to shop in, as is all of Rye and they literally only have that one bigger shop, a costcutter and a few nobbed up corner shops. Rich and very rich rubbing shoulders with the poor and very poor, there are a lot of people living on isolated council / housing association and in private rented over there.

Those folks cant afford to do a big shop in Jempsons and if the main A259 is roadblocked then the skint folks cant access Aldi, their nearest large supermarket 10 miles away. There is a Tesco at Tenterden, about 11 miles away, one assumes that that rural village is not roadblocked. It's one aspect of keeping people away from coasts, beaches and popular tourist destinations, that's perhaps not been considered. How do folks access supermarkets if they are prevented from entering an area, based on the distance they have to travel to get there? I've already read on Social media from mum's in Rye saying if they cant get to Aldi, their shopping bill will go up a £100pw if forced to use Jempsons, who probably don't have the stock anyway, because the rich preppers and panic buyers would have cleaned it out weeks ago, and continue to clean it out.

Edit; forgot to say, local people have relied on the Thursday Market for decades ( a proper market, not the modern hipster style ones), cheaper meat, cheaper fruit and veg, much cheaper everything, I doubt that market has opened since lockdown.

police.jpg

Rye is about 10 miles from Hastings (where I live), nice little ride really, there is a local small chain of mini /medium size supermarket type shops called Jempsons, they do decent tea and interesting beer, I do miss it but can certainly go without the beer, tea or bike ride.

It's a very expensive place to shop in, as is all of Rye and they literally only have that one bigger shop, a costcutter and a few nobbed up corner shops. Rich and very rich rubbing shoulders with the poor and very poor, there are a lot of people living on isolated council / housing association and in private rented over there.

Those folks cant afford to do a big shop in Jempsons and if the main A259 is roadblocked then the skint folks cant access Aldi, their nearest large supermarket 10 miles away. There is a Tesco at Tenterden, about 11 miles away, one assumes that that rural village is not roadblocked. It's one aspect of keeping people away from coasts, beaches and popular tourist destinations, that's perhaps not been considered. How do folks access supermarkets if they are prevented from entering an area, based on the distance they have to travel to get there? I've already read on Social media from mum's in Rye saying if they cant get to Aldi, their shopping bill will go up a £100pw if forced to use Jempsons, who probably don't have the stock anyway, because the rich preppers and panic buyers would have cleaned it out weeks ago, and continue to clean it out.

Edit; forgot to say, local people have relied on the Thursday Market for decades ( a proper market, not the modern hipster style ones), cheaper meat, cheaper fruit and veg, much cheaper everything, I doubt that market has opened since lockdown.

View attachment 215402
The sign says "Closed to Visitors". I'd assume if you're stopped and the explanation is a 10 mile trip to Aldi for shopping then there shouldn't be a problem.

I'm currently missing being able to eat something without having stomach cramps and seventeen trips to the toilet, or being able to sit on the sofa without making moaning noises and sweating like Rolf Harris at a Wiggles concert.

Back
Top Bottom