What's new

What did you order today?

Some good discount right there, hope the Vapcell is better than the Xtar(s).

upload_2023-6-15_8-12-27.png

On it's way back to Vampire Vape, charged one set of molicel 21700s and refused to charge via mains lead after that. 2nd time I've owned a Xtar charger, second time the thing had to be returned due to being faulty, the other one was a 4 bay Panzer, back in 2016-ish. Both faulty straight out of the box :11:

Some good discount right there, hope the Vapcell is better than the Xtar(s).

View attachment 323271

On it's way back to Vampire Vape, charged one set of molicel 21700s and refused to charge via mains lead after that. 2nd time I've owned a Xtar charger, second time the thing had to be returned due to being faulty, the other one was a 4 bay Panzer, back in 2016-ish. Both faulty straight out of the box :11:

I have the same charger but have never used the mains and use usb and no problems, pretty sure i got it from Fogstar but can't remember, did you try with USB, though if it's not charging it's probably cream crackered.

I have the same charger but have never used the mains and use usb and no problems, pretty sure i got it from Fogstar but can't remember, did you try with USB, though if it's not charging it's probably cream crackered.

The Xtar, yes, the USB adapter became red hot. I dont like charging batteries via a USB connection, esp. when the charger will attempt to pull 1-2 Amps per slot, for USB, that's insane imo.

I have an extension lead that has 4 Different USB Slots with different Amps, think it goes up to 5 amp. I wouldn't plug it into a PC or anything for the reason you mention. Hope you get it sorted as they are actually pretty good chargers.

I have an extension lead that has 4 Different USB Slots with different Amps, think it goes up to 5 amp. I wouldn't plug it into a PC or anything for the reason you mention. Hope you get it sorted as they are actually pretty good chargers.
Just for clarity the Xtar is the faulty one, the Vapcell is the one I've just ordered, I like the idea of being able to (also) manually select the charging voltage.

I have an old Xtar i2 charger. It works fine, and I like the fact that it has a mains plug instead of USB. What I don't like is the batteries get really warm to the touch even though it only charges at 0.5 Amps - it also only has one circuit so when one battery is full it will automatically double the charging rate of the other battery. It's a bit shit to be honest, my USB Xtar chargers are way better.

Just ordered 500ml of 7.2 Fairy Liquid from Everything Eliquid, never used them before so fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom