What's new

What did you order today?

A pick up order from Vaping101 for me...

upload_2023-6-28_10-41-44.jpeg

...and an order from Prime Vapes for my gf for a couple of bottles of her new favourite liquid

upload_2023-6-28_10-41-58.jpeg

Given up with our knackered old Xtar 8 bay charger and gone back to my old favourite Nitecore. Got the New i4 coming :)

I've lost track of the number of xtar chargers that just die on their ass in time. Like yourself, I changed over to the i4 around christmas time so we'll see how long this one lasts. It's a no frills offering where hopefully there's little to go wrong with it. The xtar's just seem to have an inherent weakness round the power connection where cleaning makes no difference, the fault manifests itself in the amp draw dropping all the time resulting in ridiculously long charge times.

I've lost track of the number of xtar chargers that just die on their ass in time. Like yourself, I changed over to the i4 around christmas time so we'll see how long this one lasts. It's a no frills offering where hopefully there's little to go wrong with it. The xtar's just seem to have an inherent weakness round the power connection where cleaning makes no difference, the fault manifests itself in the amp draw dropping all the time resulting in ridiculously long charge times.

Nitecore chargers are good. ive used a d4 for about 4yrs now but its getting abit tired so will upgrade this year to another one lol

I have had my MiBoxer one for over 2 and a half years and i don't think it's ever been turned off. Works fantastic, also have a Xtar VC4 that i haven't really bothered with. It does seem like a decent charger and came with a lovely bag, like velvet and a nice grey colour. I think it's because it is usb that i don't use it

My experiences are pretty much the opposite.

My Nitecore charger hasn't really given any problems but it gets rather warm because the power supply is built in and the heat gets transferred to the batteries. It also has a shared circuit so when one battery is full the charge rate of the other bay doubles - this gives me the shits as I like to charge 18650s at 0.5 Amps. I use it as a backup;

The springs in my Miboxer snapped within a few months of getting it - a good charger in all other respects (I still use it for when I need a fast charge by sticking a clothes peg between the sprung contact and the frame).

My Xtar charger is my favourite as it has no quirks - it just charges at 0.5 Amps which is all I need (except when I screw up and forget to charge a set in advance).

Last edited:
I've had 2 Nitecores die, yet had no issues with 2 different Xtars.

The joys of the Chinese QC lottery.

I had a nite core charger about 8 years ago & was probably a knock off it died within a month, so I bought my current charger an xtar VC4 & had no issues with, but you watch now I've said this the cooker will die on its arse [emoji6]
IMG_20230630_195846.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom