What's new

whats the best thing about giving up smoking?

When I last moved house I couldn't believe how sticky the walls were (and everything on them, clocks, etc). So in our new house, I decided to only smoke outside. That was harsh. Now I can sit inside and vape away to my heart's content.

And while I never minded when I actually smoked them, I'm happy not to have the taste of fags in my mouth 24/7.

Tell you what though, I don't notice any of the famous benefits of giving up. Can't taste my feed any better. Don't feel healthier.

I thought i'd start a thread about the best thing about giving up smoking. for me its not having a cigarette hangover. and sleeping better. not coughing through the night. I don't miss it. nearly 19 months now not smoking. I feel amazing.

In no particular order:
  • sense of smell and taste return to normal
  • unawareness and presence of own smell disappear
  • being able to actually breathe and not feel like calling the ambulance after a flight of stairs or two :D
  • no more yellow fingers
  • better sleep (gets worse for a short period after quitting, including the weirdest dreams about smoking!)
  • better digestion (except for a week or two after quitting, during which digestion basically stopped)
  • normal appetite
  • generally better health (not catching colds quite as often)
  • less irritable (except for a week or two after quitting)
  • money saved (in theory; not when vaping becomes a hobby though *coughs*

Now we (me & my wife) don't smoke we have just about washed all the clothes we own, it's amazing how the smell of burnt tobacco lingers on everything :)2

Apart from the health and cash benefits, seeing how long the gloss white paint stays white in the house without having nicotine off white [emoji16]

Apart from the health and cash benefits, seeing how long the gloss white paint stays white in the house without having nicotine off white [emoji16]
That made me laugh. We once spent hours repainting the woodwork a nice shade of cream on our old house before letting it out ........ only to have the agent declare it 'old white paint, yellowed' in the inventory! :D

When my wife did smoke sometimes she would have one in the bathroom with the window open but smoke would still get in the house and that would not be very good for our Cat Max, but now Max can breath happy :)2

Max

Yx6PegL.jpg

Back
Top Bottom