What's new

Which FT Erlkonigin?

No wick ring though....I'm also trying to work out if it would be compatible with the erl I have already.

I'm sure the ring does some magic, is the only atty I really can vape to the last drop without any burning.....blessing and a curse if using the steel section though, instant flaming cotton taste hits you outta nowhere!

No wick ring though....I'm also trying to work out if it would be compatible with the erl I have already.

I'm sure the ring does some magic, is the only atty I really can vape to the last drop without any burning.....blessing and a curse if using the steel section though, instant flaming cotton taste hits you outta nowhere!

My understanding was the ring keeps the chimney at the desired height to keep the wick channels clear.

Fella at work had one from FT it was diabolical bad, polytank was incredibly flexible and would not seal probably as it appeared to be a mm short than it should have been.

The A Mod version is much better.

I read - on the internet, so it must be true - the purpose of the wick ring in the original is to keep a silica wick clear of the threads when screwing on the chimney.

(On the FT clone I've got there's no wick ring; the chimney threading acts as a stop, to prevent screwing the chimney too far down and closing off the channels.)

Yes, thanks! The name "Erlkonigin" is gone, but can find them all by following link above by richard.whittle then click on the "Model" box; it reveals all the other versions of the clone. Ordered a nano!

Iam thinking of getting the nano I got a full size one on its way ordered a couple of week back so shouldn't be to long now

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

My understanding was the ring keeps the chimney at the desired height to keep the wick channels clear.

Fella at work had one from FT it was diabolical bad, polytank was incredibly flexible and would not seal probably as it appeared to be a mm short than it should have been.

The A Mod version is much better.

After trawling through the huuuuge thread on ECF, you and rab are both correct. It seems the manufacturer intended this piece to function in a number of ways.

The one that seemed useful to me is the effect it has on the vacuum/pressure (?!) in the tank, which makes sence, as the way it protrudes into the liquid does seem to have an effect on wicking.

I was hoping to swap the parts over onto the superior A-Mod base....failing that, might be worth waiting for them to release there nano parts.

Am still tempted though....just have a feeling a better unit will be up in a few days, as this always seems to be the case with that particular vendor :)

Back
Top Bottom