What's new

Why is it?

bellyman

Veteran
That after nearly two years of happily vaping away, Ive started craving cigarettes :6:
Last night when I was strunk, it was really difficult, I put that down to alcohol, but that itch was there before then.
Im on 18mg juice so it isnt the nic Im wanting but for some reason, Ive hit a hump in my journey.
I havent had one yet, but man Im craving at the mo.
Alot of stress going on around me, so maybe its that?
Dunno, Im trying really hard not to fall off the wagon this time though.
Wish me luck.....

It's probably that human instinct that makes you want something you know you shouldn't. I get those feelings myself even though I would probably hate it now. Every time you get the urge, just sniff a smoker.
That should help.
Good luck buddy.

stamp on that packet !! remember we are all behind you cant fall POTV apes won't walk on on the other side of the road. its hard very hard you like me are an ex addict to cigarettes you will carry that for the rest of your life but you can do it dig deep fellow ape.

I've not smoked for 3 year now and still crave a cigarette now and again. I think it is a memory thing, your subconscious looking back at 'the good old days' when the sun shone everyday etc. Just try to remember it isn't real and it will pass soon enough.

The addiction element of smoking isn't just the nicotine, there are 300ish chemicals in a cig. Sometimes you are gonna crave one of these other addictive elements. Give yourself a break & remember how far you have come already.

Do whatever you need to do so that you don't go back. Buy some new kit or some new juices; go do something you enjoy doing; start planning a holiday; think about why you quit in the first place; & come talk to us apes.

But if you do slip, don't beat yourself up over it, just chuck the rest of the pack away & try again.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

I find it hard when drinking. Habit I guess. I have to take myself to the corner of the beer garden and vape. Hard when all I can smell is cigs

sniff an ashtray it will remind you what it was like should help get rid of the urge stay strong two years is a massive achevement :) have alook at yappycats tread called someone slap me please think its in genral chat

Yes almost snorting the contents of a yakky stinky ashtray worked wonders for me - reminded me of what I USED to smell like to other non-smokers and stopped me dead. Fair do's I chuffed on my new Campfire Custard like I was Thomas the Tank Engine almost solidly the whole evening but I never had a ciggy and that's all win. Two years is too far to come to slip now, I know folks say if you slip up don't give yourself a hard time about it, but you KNOW that you WILL give yourself a hard time over it so just don't do it. Anyway, now you've told all of us here imo it wouldn't count as a 'slip'...more of a calculated fall hehe People like you who have been quit so long are an inspiration to new quitters like me, hang in there x

@bellyman - you adopted a low volume high nic vape style so keep a low nic sub ohm kit handy for the tempting times to occupy yourself without overdosing on nic

Back
Top Bottom