What's new

Why we continue to promote and sell disposables

Lee

Vendor
Evening all,

I wanted to post this tonight as it’s often invisible to everyone unless you’re the actual customer. No one else usually sees what goes on in the background, disposables are horrible, expensive, super fucking sweet, shit margins, shit on the environment and generally fucking shit.

With all that being said I’m sure many of our old school customers wonder why they see disposables on our social media, in our newsletters and on our website. So I wanted to post a little insight from our side and be transparent on what’s going on at prime vapes with disposables, and how we’re beginning to transition them out.

Ultimately, there are unfortunately a lot of vapers using disposables and those vapers will buy them. Whether that’s from us or from a corner shop, or the next website. So firstly, as a business, we need sales to survive. I’d rather it was us than them, to put it bluntly. Where we are different is that once we’ve gained a new customer, we’ll be taking every opportunity to get them off of disposables and on to a pod kit or similar. So far we’ve had maybe a 70% success rate. At the first point of contact after an order well offer some advice, suggestions and help. In a non pushy way, no matter how long that may take. Even at a loss sometimes.

Here’s one example, customer spends £120 on disposables with us, contacts us a week later saying two of them didn’t last as long as they should. Here is our reply;

Hey XXXXX

Thanks for your message regarding your recent order with us.

I’m sorry to hear you’ve received some vapes that haven’t worked or lasted as long as expected.

Usually, due to their nature, disposable vapes are non refundable as there is simply no way we can establish whether they are faulty on arrival or not. This is pretty much the standard across the industry.

With that being said I’m not in the habit of leaving our customers unsatisfied and it’s always my priority to support our customers. I would be happy to offer you a store credit to the value of the three disposable vapes to use on your next order with us, would you like me to arrange that?

As a side note, have you considered moving on to a refillable and rechargeable device? They are much more reliable, considerably cheaper and provide far superior flavour. I’d be more than happy to help if you need any getting started.

Kindest regards,

To which they replied, I’ve used one before and have some eliquid left over but I didn’t get on well with it, to which we replied;

Hey XXXXX

That’s great news, I’ll be more than happy to help you choose a quality kit.

Firstly you’re on the right track here, with regards to liquids you’ll be looking for anything that has a ratio of 50VG or less, so 50VG/50PG, 40VG/60PG for example, either of those will be perfect.

Secondly, you’ll be best suited to a nic salt type of eliquid, this is the exact same type of liquid you find in a disposable vape. It’s much quicker acting than regular liquids and provides that instant kick you enjoy from a disposable vape. Most salts are available in 10mg or 20mg strengths, I would suggest sticking to 20mg initially as this will match your disposables, perhaps cutting down to 10mg in the future when you’re ready.

With regards to flavours, there are many to choose from. We have in excess of 1k flavours to choose from on our website. Personally, I would recommend the Elfliq range. These are genuine liquids manufactured by Elf Bar and feature the exact same flavours you find in the popular disposable vapes. If you enjoy the disposable flavours this range is 100% worth trying, blue razz lemonade is the most popular. You can find those here (link to items)

With regards to a kit, I would suggest the Xros Mini 3 kit, as this is what I use myself and so do lots of my team in the office. The kit is very simple to use, mess free and doesn’t leak. There are no buttons, no settings, no coils to change, no faff. You simply refill the pods with your liquid, charge it up and when the pod tastes burnt (around a week or so) you pop in a new one and start again. You can find those here (link to item) the refillable pods come in a pack of four, I find the 1.0ohm ones the best personally, although there are several others. You can see those here (link to item)

You will also find the cost is much cheaper once you have the kit, with one single bottle of liquid costing £3.99 it’s the equivalent of 5 disposables, so the cost is considerably cheaper.

Whilst I appreciate you have lots of eliquid left, I would highly recommend you atleast try one bottle of the elfliq liquids, I think you will really enjoy those with this kit.

This customer has since gone on to buy a kit, then came back to thank us for the help.

Yes we’ve gone from £120 a month in orders to maybe £40 a month in orders from this customer, however she’s happy, there is less crap being thrown away and actually the profit is pretty similar.

So yeah, we don’t enjoy selling them, we hate the products and everything about them and they are treated as a way to gain new customers that would buy them anyway, from us or another vendor or a shop.

For this reason we continue to advertise them and stock them for the time being.

Just wanted to clarify as I’ve not been on here much due to being super busy at the moment and having some weird type of midlife meltdown, and I’m sure it does look like our website has changed drastically with the items we now stock.

Hoping to be on here more in the coming months now we have more staff to take the pressure off and look forward to getting involved again :)

Best wishes

Lee

First order

IMG_5700.jpg

Second order

IMG_5699.jpg

I don't get why people have a problem with this tbh.

It's just like the old days. I knew people who for years bought those crappy kits from garages. Never changed them, often ended up smoking at the same time.

That same person who instead dips their toe in the water and buys said crappy kit from a B&M or decent website, is far more likely imo to move onto better things.

Hi Lee, good to see you back mate. Totally understand where you're coming from on the disposable front. Glad you are having success with converting people.
Hope your mid life crisis is only a blip and nothing serious. All the best. Rew.

Hi Lee, good to see you back mate. Totally understand where you're coming from on the disposable front. Glad you are having success with converting people.
Hope your mid life crisis is only a blip and nothing serious. All the best. Rew.

Thanks rew, good to hear from you mate. Nothing too bad here just mega hours at work and lots going on all the time I think :)

We’ve been working hard with another old face on here with various things planned and some wicked collab flavours planned for the summer time, so lots to look forward to that I’m sure many on the forum will be excited for when it’s ready to launch! I know I’m excited about it anyways [emoji23]

I don't get why people have a problem with this tbh.

It's just like the old days. I knew people who for years bought those crappy kits from garages. Never changed them, often ended up smoking at the same time.

That same person who instead dips their toe in the water and buys said crappy kit from a B&M or decent website, is far more likely imo to move onto better things.

This is exactly my point of view, lots of people start on these and in my opinion this is where we come in to help educate them and assist them with moving on to something more economical :)

Thanks rew, good to hear from you mate. Nothing too bad here just mega hours at work and lots going on all the time I think :)

We’ve been working hard with another old face on here with various things planned and some wicked collab flavours planned for the summer time, so lots to look forward to that I’m sure many on the forum will be excited for when it’s ready to launch! I know I’m excited about it anyways [emoji23]

Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

This is exactly my point of view, lots of people start on these and in my opinion this is where we come in to help educate them and assist them with moving on to something more economical :)

Totally agree fella, they ain't going to get that level of service and advice from the local corner shop....great stuff.

Thanks @Lee for giving us some insight into your strategy regarding disposables. Trying to take responsibility for a societal issue is no easy task, and your efforts are appreciated. The balance between individual choice and the need for regulation shouldn’t solely rely on the proprietor of a business. There are many businesses knowingly selling items that are harmful, but they are hamstrung by the economic realities. It is actually a job for government, but unfortunately the biggest slackers are said government, and it’s really hurting the industry and us vapers.

At the very least, there should be a large scale recovery and recycling program, if not a direct ban. Today, disposables clearly do start many down the path to better health, but we need fewer knee-jerk reactions and more level headed regulation and socially responsible businesses. But we are dependent on a bunch of sycophantic populists who would rather feed us PR slogans and hallelujah nationalism than do a day’s work making their country a better place to live.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom