What's new

Wotofo Profile Squonk mod

red5

Achiever
Wotofo Profile Squonk Mod review by Antony Lord
Xouwrrw73C89lTwc7ISp7ceOMc4e9LfUQTnMD9GGUyWDFIQFN8Vhkjr9oRjI_qSTipZ_IU4KXU2SwVZXeHBhIrMgpQ88kIcX-k_zA0LIWgklD_5f5YbvqBTKY_LavHmIF26mfJPR

New Vaping have been kind enough to send over the latest collaboration between Wotofo and MrJustright1, the Profile squonk mod. This has a rather unique selling point in that it can be used as either a single battery squonk mod or a dual battery box mod, so is it a stroke of genius or is it simply a case of “Jack of all trades, master of none”?

Specifications:
  • 44.5 x 30 x 93.5 mm
  • 80 watt single battery squonk mode
  • 200 watt dual battery box mod
  • 7ml squonk bottle

The Wotofo Profile squonk mod is available in black and gunmetal finishes but there’s precious little else included in the box, just a small information leaflet and a usb-c charge cable, I was pleased to see that Wotofo went with a sleeve style box this time though as it was much easier to open than their usual packaging.

3xS7-7Pl9qWg2ZN5_rvSQaZw8fV9D5pHaS1ZnnBIfnUtBjQjGTyxBag2jRyt5LcbIKFCwShGwQWT0sMfO1uC3YB4XDi7nVskCBTRjVNB8WdF-nM9FU-AbUwrRwPMSgxpGWKbGemu

The Profile squonk mod is quite compact if you take in the context of a dual battery box mod, it is quite hefty though at 135 grams.

The main controls and colour screen are all on one side and are framed in your chosen colour (Gunmetal in my case), whilst the buttons are all plastic they don’t look or feel cheap and there’s zero battery rattle. The screen is bright enough and the information displayed is all clearly laid out. The NEXChip is very snappy and responsive as always but for anyone looking for advanced modes then you’ll need to look elsewhere as this is wattage only. I couldn’t find any published information on the voltage output on offer, the New Vaping site states 4.2 volts but with a quick test with a higher ohm build I was able to get this over 7 volts on a single battery (or at least that’s what was displayed on screen) which would suggest this has proper boost capability on board.

On top there’s a centered spring loaded 510 squonk plate. There’s plenty of room here for atomisers up to about 29 mm diameter before you start to get any overhang but this does mean that smaller 22mm drippers in particular can start to look a bit out of place.

The USB-C charge port is on the bottom which is a bit of an odd choice and I’m not sure if this has been done due to space constraints or simply to give the control panel a cleaner look. I tested this out in single battery mode and it charged at around 1.4 amps should you need this feature but as always I’d recommend using an external charger whenever possible.

The back of the device has a removable panel held on by two strong magnets, this features a hole for your squonk bottle and this is where the compromises start to creep in. You can either have the Profile squonk mod configured as a single 18650 squonk mod or a dual 18650 box mod as shown above but this produces a couple of interesting challenges.

KGFUS77l-1b_mPAYPjkbiSEEv8sqS0Qy5Bx-8z4sXODNcNbHHwvq726GKnAHpHrGupvPcq6XGJzJ92KV6pXW_sojKY-qG4JSAm4Ic9K1ClIYnLWv0-Wdoy5DkRpxKaxH3-TuooX1

As a dual 18650 box mod you’ll have access to the full 200 watts on offer but this leaves one of your batteries partially exposed by the open squonk window. I’ve seen other mods that have an exposed battery in the past but I have to say it’s not something that I feel comfortable about and I think it would have been much better to provide a second (full) door in the box for this purpose.

As a single 18650 squonk mod there brings up two issues. First if you need to access the battery you have to remove the squonk bottle as well because of the way the battery ribbon has been configured, not a major problem but certainly a bit inconvenient. Secondly because this is on the opposite side to the controls which have been configured for thumb firing you can only realistically use this as a right handed mod, I was totally unable to find any comfortable way to use this with my left hand! You can trigger fire with the left hand and squonk with your thumb but it just didn’t feel natural in the hand this way.

fEZ8jJRMKx7m7yay98vWc__rFfYu5IkB0KEAgJxpkHqOrlvNYm-jYGXzX-zTMKmN3LKcE_tm8lynsIE3pF4DzqBuus89E1cQw96o18wY7OmwWXBVIjQTuHsaHoRDckn49Uo2NW1J

The squonk bottle system is quite clever though with the squonk pin on the inside pulling double duty as a battery connector in dual battery mode and the squonk bottle is for obvious reasons the same size as an 18650 battery. This gives you a whopping 7ml capacity and it’s easy to fill the bottle as well but I did find that it takes rather a firm press to get e-liquid up to your atomiser.

Pros:
  • Innovative dual use design
  • Clever squonk system

Cons:
  • Difficult to use left handed in squonk mode
  • Exposed battery in dual 18650 mode

Conclusion:

Whilst the Wotofo Profile squonk mod looked like a good idea on paper the dual use aspect has left me feeling like too many compromises had to be made to achieve this. I wasn’t happy with the exposed battery in dual 18650 mode so I’ve been primarily using this as a squonk mod and it does a pretty good job of this but if you’re left handed you might want to think long and hard before hitting the buy button.

Many thanks to New Vaping for sending the Wotofo Profile squonk mod out for review.

j-j30vSm52dumV_HZDu-s8ejElfXnINsx54CVRWhARpvJrFEMDHSI8YHGcK6NeZK7XCwNsCPw-WROk0ruKtMtz80JFINhSok4SGwbpRwBwto0o-jZtyh2eXURsZZ9_VfDfOFkJ2c

@newvaping

Back
Top Bottom