What's new

Sub Ohm Wotofo SMM Serpent Elevate RTA + GIVEAWAY

I bought myself an Oumier Wasp Nano RTA which arrived today, just working on 2 other reviews (Vandy Vape Simple EX & Wismec Sinuous V200 kit) but I will get it compared asap.

I bought myself an Oumier Wasp Nano RTA which arrived today, just working on 2 other reviews (Vandy Vape Simple EX & Wismec Sinuous V200 kit) but I will get it compared asap.
Ooohhh, do the wasp nano rta please? Im umming n arring about getting one

Ooohhh, do the wasp nano rta please? Im umming n arring about getting one

Just doing the photography now so hoping to take it for a test run later tonight.

Big fan of the Oumier VLS RDA, hoping it's close to this for flavour but at the same time trying not to expect too much from it, high expectations often mar first impressions. :12:

1. Mr.Motivapr
2. Razuddin
3. RAPTOREX
4. Andy S

Thanks for the review @Vapaneezer Scrooge. Wicking issues such as those you've described I've sometimes been able to fix by using a narrower coil and/or tapering the wick tails so I may give it a go.

Just doing the photography now so hoping to take it for a test run later tonight.

Big fan of the Oumier VLS RDA, hoping it's close to this for flavour but at the same time trying not to expect too much from it, high expectations often mar first impressions. :12:
Cant wait.

I just want to get one because i enjoyed my was nano rda

Cant wait.

I just want to get one because i enjoyed my was nano rda

Early results are in on the Wasp Nano RTA - it's impressed the hell out of me already, seconds to build and wick, flavour is bang on and despite the bottom airflow no leaking so far, chain vaped it a few times tonight, on my 3rd tank full, going to use it for a few days before I can give a balanced opinion, only downside so far is you can't pop a 510 drip tip on like you could on the RDA.

Early results are in on the Wasp Nano RTA - it's impressed the hell out of me already, seconds to build and wick, flavour is bang on and despite the bottom airflow no leaking so far, chain vaped it a few times tonight, on my 3rd tank full, going to use it for a few days before I can give a balanced opinion, only downside so far is you can't pop a 510 drip tip on like you could on the RDA.
Liking the sound of that buddy. Will be placing the order for one soon i think

@Vapaneezer Scrooge please disregard me re the giveaway, I've given in to temptation and bought one. :)

£29.99 from 888. Could've got cheaper online but I'm an impatient impulse buyer. Have to say I'm impressed. Yes, the wicking was a bit tricky to begin with but I've got it sussed now. (Note to Apes in general, I wouldn't bother with the bootlaces, they're too thick for the supplied coils and too tight in the juice ports - I think you'll need about 4mm coil and then taper the tails for those to work.)

I have a .35Ω framed staple with some fairly loose Cotton Gods gold and I've found the way that works best for me is to get the wick tails so they don't quite touch the bottom of the channel then spread them a bit if required to make sure they fill the whole width of the ports. I'm using 70VG and it's soaking up fast enough to chain at 40W.

I expected the airflow to be a bit restricted even with the intakes fully open due to the way it goes down the sides and back up under the coil, but no it's fine. At 40-45W I'm getting a really nice vape with the AFC about half open.

Slight con: WOTOFO's website promises a coil leg tool in the package, which mine didn't have so I have to eyeball it- not a biggie. All round a good bit of gear. Won't win any prizes for external appearance IMO but does the job. Oh, and for builders - it doesn't care which direction you wind your coil.

@Vapaneezer Scrooge please disregard me re the giveaway, I've given in to temptation and bought one. :)

£29.99 from 888. Could've got cheaper online but I'm an impatient impulse buyer. Have to say I'm impressed. Yes, the wicking was a bit tricky to begin with but I've got it sussed now. (Note to Apes in general, I wouldn't bother with the bootlaces, they're too thick for the supplied coils and too tight in the juice ports - I think you'll need about 4mm coil and then taper the tails for those to work.)

I have a .35Ω framed staple with some fairly loose Cotton Gods gold and I've found the way that works best for me is to get the wick tails so they don't quite touch the bottom of the channel then spread them a bit if required to make sure they fill the whole width of the ports. I'm using 70VG and it's soaking up fast enough to chain at 40W.

I expected the airflow to be a bit restricted even with the intakes fully open due to the way it goes down the sides and back up under the coil, but no it's fine. At 40-45W I'm getting a really nice vape with the AFC about half open.

Slight con: WOTOFO's website promises a coil leg tool in the package, which mine didn't have so I have to eyeball it- not a biggie. All round a good bit of gear. Won't win any prizes for external appearance IMO but does the job. Oh, and for builders - it doesn't care which direction you wind your coil.

Thanks for the tip on wicking. I got mine on Friday and have had 2 wicking attempts go wrong with flooding and 2 that have been ok. The looser ones have been better for me as well. I'll set my wick tails like yours in future builds.

Back
Top Bottom