What's new

WANTED: People for testing our new device

I just got my vim on Monday. Used the 0.7 for 2 and a half days with the picnic juice from them with no problems at all. Then put a tankful of my own diy in and it was blocked within 2 hours. I agree they're much better now but I must have something in my own juice that doesn't agree with them.

I'm currently trying an 0.42 coil and loving it. Amazing vape from such a wee device.
That's interesting. I've been using nic salt. With the next coil I'll try my regular juice to see of it makes a difference.

And yeah, the .4 coils are awesome! Not a bad word to say about them. Love em, love em, love em!

Glitchy and I have been running a few experiments with his setup, basically I sent him our juice at 64% VG (it's the picNIC high VG stuff) he seemed to have no issues with it, then as soon as he put his own juice in the coil blocked and went, yet his juice is a DIY 60/40. So it could be flavouring affecting the viscosity, or some component, or maybe a combination of that and style of use. The CS is kind of the same, most people have absolutely no issues, but a few have continued issues, yet their juice is under the threshold for the max VG, currently we've rated it at 65% VG capable, but I am using 67% no issues, as soon as I go to 80% though (bryns premixed stuff) my coil dies within a day. @Mitz I suggest we run some similar experiments alongside Glitchys stuff and see if there are patterns and things we can replicate.

Dont forget guys that it will vary on what nic shots people use. I only use 50/50 nic shots now from dark Star but a lot of shortfills come with a free 100%vg nic shots so of course even though it says 70/30 on the bottle is it actually 70/30 once the nic shot has been added.

Dont forget guys that it will vary on what nic shots people use. I only use 50/50 nic shots now from dark Star but a lot of shortfills come with a free 100%vg nic shots so of course even though it says 70/30 on the bottle is it actually 70/30 once the nic shot has been added.

A lot of companies will label what the base is, and not take into account what shot is added, as different base shots can be added. if you were 70/30 and added a 100% VG nic shot, it's going to move the VG percentage up over 70% dependant on volumes, but Glitchy is mixing his own and knows it is a 60/40 nic base he using.

Glitchy and I have been running a few experiments with his setup, basically I sent him our juice at 64% VG (it's the picNIC high VG stuff) he seemed to have no issues with it, then as soon as he put his own juice in the coil blocked and went, yet his juice is a DIY 60/40. So it could be flavouring affecting the viscosity, or some component, or maybe a combination of that and style of use. The CS is kind of the same, most people have absolutely no issues, but a few have continued issues, yet their juice is under the threshold for the max VG, currently we've rated it at 65% VG capable, but I am using 67% no issues, as soon as I go to 80% though (bryns premixed stuff) my coil dies within a day. @Mitz I suggest we run some similar experiments alongside Glitchys stuff and see if there are patterns and things we can replicate.
The Nic Salt e-liquid that I am using is commercial and comes 60vg/40pg. But I am adding additional PG to it prior to use. I add 10ml of PG to every 30ml of juice which makes the juice I vape more than 50% PG. It's the exact same juice used with the .4 coil and I have zero issues with that coil.

I'm happy to try some experiments. Just tell me what you want me to do. I will try my regular (non-nic salt) juice with a new coil later today to see how that goes.

Last edited:
The Nic Salt e-liquid that I am using is commercial and comes 60vg/40pg. But I am adding additional PG to it prior to use. I add 10ml of PG to every 30ml of juice which makes the juice I vape more than 50% PG. It's the exact same juice used with the .4 coil and I have zero issues with that coil.

I'm happy to try some experiments. Just tell me what you want me to do. I will try my regular (non-nic salt) juice with a new coil later today to see how that goes.

Okay I'll PM you later once I've had a think.

@Mitz the picnic juice I'm using is nic salts as well. After dilution with the flavouring it's at about 14/15mg.

On another note I'm using a pod with mine at the moment. Not as much oomph as I like but I do know they're just the mtl ones so folk into that will love them. I'll feedback more when I've had a good toot.

@Mitz the picnic juice I'm using is nic salts as well. After dilution with the flavouring it's at about 14/15mg.

On another note I'm using a pod with mine at the moment. Not as much oomph as I like but I do know they're just the mtl ones so folk into that will love them. I'll feedback more when I've had a good toot.

The picnic juice is the DIY juice blocking the coil, right? Was the juice you used for 2 days without problem a nic salt juice or a regular juice?

My coil went this afternoon. Lasted over 48hrs which is better than all previous .7 coils I've tried but it's still very problematic. I really thought it had finished expanding and had settled at a very tight but vapable level. Left it to charge and when I took it off charge and refilled it, it was blocked.

I've now got a brand new .7 coil in both my VIMs. One with my usual nic salt and one with regular juice. The one with nic salt I will use with the bung out right from the start to see if it makes any difference at all.

Still not tried the pod yet. Blackcurrant smells gorgeous tho.

The picnic juice is the DIY juice blocking the coil, right? Was the juice you used for 2 days without problem a nic salt juice or a regular juice?

My coil went this afternoon. Lasted over 48hrs which is better than all previous .7 coils I've tried but it's still very problematic. I really thought it had finished expanding and had settled at a very tight but vapable level. Left it to charge and when I took it off charge and refilled it, it was blocked.

I've now got a brand new .7 coil in both my VIMs. One with my usual nic salt and one with regular juice. The one with nic salt I will use with the bung out right from the start to see if it makes any difference at all.

Still not tried the pod yet. Blackcurrant smells gorgeous tho.

The picnic juice was from jac. It's basically an empty 50ml bottle, 4 18mg bottles of nic salts and 10ml flavouring that you shake together. That's been completely fine in the vim with the 0.7 coil.

My diy juice is a kind of starburst flavour at 60/40 and i use 72mg nic salts for a final mix of 18mg. But it does have a lot of strawberry in it, along with marshmallow and little sweetener. It clogs up the 0.7 coils in a couple of hours so it's just too sweet. I can only get 2 or 3 days out of the wick in my rta with it as well. It's not too hard on the coil gunk wise but seems to go for cotton.

I'm thinking I might mix up a different nic salt diy juice tomorrow with minimal sweetener and see if that's different.

Back
Top Bottom