What's new

It's raining mtl

@Sunastar I really, really appreciate the offer but I'm smitten by the Spica Pro, to the extent I'm mostly done buying tanks. I get where you're at with them. The 22mm Siren 2 enjoyed the holiday to Spain and was fantastic, zero issues :)

Likewise, if you'd like to try the clone of the Spica, let me know. I'll be unboxing my authentic next week when my birthday lands.

Exciting. What date is your birthday? Mine's on friday.

17th @rew This Friday?

Fat fingered frenzy!!!!!!! Edited, LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
@Sunastar I really, really appreciate the offer but I'm smitten by the Spica Pro, to the extent I'm mostly done buying tanks. I get where you're at with them. The 22mm Siren 2 enjoyed the holiday to Spain and was fantastic, zero issues :)

Likewise, if you'd like to try the clone of the Spica, let me know. I'll be unboxing my authentic next week when my birthday lands.
I have to agree with @John R. I got my birthday Spica 2 weeks ago & for the first time in a LONG while I really don’t feel the need to spend more on new tanks....although I do have some Absolute Toro en route to try in the Spica!

I have to agree with @John R. I got my birthday Spica 2 weeks ago & for the first time in a LONG while I really don’t feel the need to spend more on new tanks....although I do have some Absolute Toro en route to try in the Spica!
I have the last of some Minotaur in my Spica right now! :2thumbsup:

I have the last of some Minotaur in my Spica right now! :2thumbsup:
After seeing the the high regard for the liquids on the planet, I’ve got some Minotaur, Eden & Cigarillos on the way. Have a feeling I’ll be trying more of the range soon :)

After seeing the the high regard for the liquids on the planet, I’ve got some Minotaur, Eden & Cigarillos on the way. Have a feeling I’ll be trying more of the range soon :)
Brasileiro ....... my two favourite things - tobacco and coffee! :drool:

That's probably dependant on @Sunastar preferred draw, I suspect he doesn't like it quite as full-on :D
No, I prefer a slightly looser draw. I found the 1.3mm pin on the Hussar too tight for me, and settled on the 2mm one instead, slightly looser than I would like, but better than the 1.3. I guess my preferred airflow is a 1.7 or 1.8mm. Back in the day I used to use Nautilus bases that were modded to increase the airflow, as I found the standard ones slightly too restricted.

I am tempted by the Spica on the one hand, especially with @ZT saying he rated it above his beloved Herons, but on the other hand, good as it might be, I can't see that it would give me significantly more than I already have (Ubertoot, Hussar, Cloud One v2, EVL Reaper v1, and Hurricane v1.3). I am happy with what I have, and I have enough stuff to last me a lifetime (literally, since I am an old git), especially since I buy spares for the stuff I like.

So thanks for the offer of a trial with your Spica clone, but I think I will pass.

I'm going to let Lorelei continue singing from her rock while I carry on fishing!

Back
Top Bottom