What's new

Has anyone ever had a call from DHL?

My advice would be to avoid voopoos 'You must review what you have won' comps.
A prize win is a win and a review item is just for that, reviewing.
What about paying postage on a win?
Might want to ignore me I'm well known in the real world for opening gob!

What about paying postage on a win?
Might want to ignore me I'm well known in the real world for opening gob!

If postage needs to be paid then you should know up front.
I have no one on ignore, kind of defeats the purpose of being a mod.

If postage needs to be paid then you should know up front.
I have no one on ignore, kind of defeats the purpose of being a mod.
For the record I'm not liking the idea of winners of comps etc having to pay or pimp themselves out to obtain their win.
Hopefully those that purchase the charity raffle tickets this year are aware they have to pay to receive their win and are happy to do so.

OK regarding the postage costs and the fundraiser.
In the previous events various people who donated items ended up spending considerable sums on postage because they had donated multiple items that were mainly going to several different recipients. This has always seemed a bit unfair in my eyes, so after voicing my thoughts to The Bosses, it was agreed that it wasn’t unreasonable that the winners contribute to the final cost that would be incurred by the folks who generously donated the prizes. I did make this clear at the outset.

If you feel that this is detrimental then I am sorry, I am prepared to alter things if you feel it necessary, but I would have preferred having these concerns brought to my attention via a PM please.

OK regarding the postage costs and the fundraiser.
In the previous events various people who donated items ended up spending considerable sums on postage because they had donated multiple items that were mainly going to several different recipients. This has always seemed a bit unfair in my eyes, so after voicing my thoughts to The Bosses, it was agreed that it wasn’t unreasonable that the winners contribute to the final cost that would be incurred by the folks who generously donated the prizes. I did make this clear at the outset.

If you feel that this is detrimental then I am sorry, I am prepared to alter things if you feel it necessary, but I would have preferred having these concerns brought to my attention via a PM please.
It was crystal clear to me and hopefully to everyone else now.
It is all in the interest of fairness.

I think the lesson is avoid anything from overseas that touches DHL at all costs. They are clearly in league with hmrc.

Back
Top Bottom