What's new

Voopoo Vinci

Purplefowler

Administrator
Staff member
Voopoo very kindly sent me their new Vinci AIO to review, as ever this review is purely my own opinion and does not represent the views of Potv.

So I got the message that Voopoo were sending me a new item for reviewing, but you never know what it is going to be until the courier drops it off. But with a bit of googling and my best sherlock holmes skills, I figured it would be the new Vinci. This was exciting as there is a bit of a buzz about this one. I then set about looking at pictures and seeing which one looked good. It comes in a variety of colours: space grey, carbon fiber, aurora, dazzling green, ink, peacock, scarlet, opal, hill yellow, and jade green. They all looked great but in the back of my mind I was thinking “not yellow, please not yellow”. The courier came and went and I pulled off the wrapper to find……yep it was yellow! So I opened the box, slightly disappointedly, and found a really sexy little device! The yellow is lush and not at all what I had been expecting, lots of blues and purples in the swirls which really complimented the yellow. Phew!

It is very nicely presented, the box has a slip cover with a glossy photo of the device along with some details, and on the back is a contents list and a hologram with scratch panel for authentication. Sliding the box out of the slip case, you are presented with the mod ( in this case it was the 5.5ml non tpd version) and two coils, one 0.8oHm and one 0.3oHm, both pnp mesh. Under this is a box containing the instructions, a scratch card and a usb charger.

The tank part is held in with magnets and feels very secure. I pulled it apart to pop in a coil, the 0.8oHm one first, opened the rubber fill port and set to work squeezing in some juice. The fill hole is a decent size and you can easily fit the juice bottle nozzle in and fill with no mess. The fill port bung feels secure and I had no leaks from here. Then I dropped the tank in to the mod and it was done. Five clicks turns in on and I have to say, it looks really nice when the screen comes alive! It also auto reads the coil and sets the output itself, in this case it chose 12W. After the recommended five minutes for priming, I took my first pull. Damn that is good!

I really like the voopoo coils, they are really great for us flavour chasers and you get all the nuances of your juice. I started with a cherry sherbet and it was dancing on my tongue, really digging deep to get every last bit of flavour out and it was the best this juice has tasted so far. The vape was warm, but not hot, and the cloud production was spot on. It was pretty much perfect for how I like to vape! Ive run several tanks of juice through and each one was a pleasure and, as yet, Ive had no drop off in flavour.

I then switched to the cloud chaser 0.3 Ohm which the mod decided should be 35W. First pull felt hot but this was to be expected with that coil. I am not a cloud chaser and I don’t like a hot vape but I pressed on. Flavour was still superb and clouds were plenty! Whilst this one isn’t for me, If you like that sort of vape, you won’t be disappointed! Again, I’ve run several tanks through and the performance is still bang on.

I also had some other Pnp coils around so I have tried the 0.6 oHm which was a happy medium. The 0.8 oHm was definitely my favourite but its great that voopoo have a nice variety of compatible coils so you can really customise your vape to your own preference.

The build is very good, it feels like a quality bit of kit. The finish looks really classy and the coloured panels look fantastic. It’s a really nice size to stick in your pocket. The shiny sides are a bit easy to scratch though so aren’t looking quite as posh as they did when it was box fresh but I keep a lot of crap in my pockets!

So what makes this little AOI different from other similar devices? After all there are quite a few mods like this and its getting pretty crowded in that corner of the market! Well firstly, it had the voopoo gene chip which consistently has impressed me with every version that Ive tried. If you can’t be bothered to faff about, it does everything for you so just fill up your juice and let the mod worry about the rest. It worked faultlessly and always seems to get it right.

Then there is the airflow. Whilst not fully adjustable, you can chose between two settings by tuning the tank 180 degrees. So you can have a slightly looser or tighter draw depending on what you prefer. To be honest, the difference was quite small and both would be too airy for a mtl vaper. I preferred the slightly restricted dtl setting but there wasn’t much in it.

Finally, you can either operate in manually with the fire button, use it in auto mode so you just pick it up and vape, or you can set it for both so you can mix it up a bit. I prefer the button as I’m just used to it. I also found the auto draw was a little temperamental. On the 0.3 oHm coil, it worked every time but on the 0.8 oHm it only seemed to work with the airflow on the loosest setting and even then it was a little hit and miss. I don’t know if it was the coil’s fault or the mod but something wasn’t quite right.

So I mostly really enjoyed using this little AIO but there were a few areas that I wasn’t so keen on. I found the navigation of the features was not that intuitive and I found I had to check the (very clear) instructions a few times. To be fair, you don’t really need to use the menus as it does everything for you so it is a small niggle. I also found a bit of juice leaked, I think from the coil but not 100% sure. I think this is probably down to having press fit coils but it was a shame to see.

But over all, I really liked this sleek little guy, it looks great and did exactly what it needed to….it gave me a great vape and that’s really what its all about!
(a couple of photos to follow in the next post....)

upload_2019-10-14_18-35-25.jpeg

upload_2019-10-14_18-35-50.jpeg

upload_2019-10-14_18-38-20.jpeg

Nice review & it is a good piece of kit. Only a couple of niggles I had but will reveal all later :D.

Cheers :) I prefer to leave the reviewing to the pros though :2thumbsup:
LOL hope you weren't refering to me in that statement. Just doing one for this as I won it & Voopoo want a review. Leave the reviews for pods for those who use them, but was surprised how cloudy this can get :oops: :2thumbsup:

Had mine about a week now and I absolutely love it, only used the 0.8 coil so far. I normally use a innokin zenith tank with 1 airflow hole open so I was worried seeing some reviewers saying it’s not for mtl.

I’d say the airflow is like the zenith with 2 airflow holes open, the immense flavour I get more than makes up for it though and having got used to it I don’t find it a problem now.

The only downside, as mentioned in the review, is it does leak a tiny amount of liquid over a days use. Great little pod mod with very good battery life, 5.5ml tank with totally visible liquid level and far and away the best flavour I’ve had in any device (to be honest I’ve only tried about 8 devices, but still)

Had mine about a week now and I absolutely love it, only used the 0.8 coil so far. I normally use a innokin zenith tank with 1 airflow hole open so I was worried seeing some reviewers saying it’s not for mtl.

I’d say the airflow is like the zenith with 2 airflow holes open, the immense flavour I get more than makes up for it though and having got used to it I don’t find it a problem now.

The only downside, as mentioned in the review, is it does leak a tiny amount of liquid over a days use. Great little pod mod with very good battery life, 5.5ml tank with totally visible liquid level and far and away the best flavour I’ve had in any device (to be honest I’ve only tried about 8 devices, but still)
The 0.8 coil was definitely the sweet spot for me, great clouds, nice temperature and so much flavour! It was a bit of a shock when I tried the 0.3, I really don’t like a hot vape and this was most definitely not in my comfort zone!

This is why most pod/aio are not for me. I enjoy the 0.3 as it's closest to my usual, and airflow is airy enough. The only other similar kit I use is the LV Orion & that is tighter airflow but with the new pod & coils is a big improvement.

Had mine a few days and it’s a nice looking kit..I like the 5.5ml tank but need to look at all coils that are available I’m using the 1.2ohm but it’s just about doing the job..can not get the draw activated vape to work maybe that’s for dtl..and while it produces sufficient vapour there’s little or no flavour..12 watts seems the best temp for me on the 1.20hm..but more experimenting is required me thinks..overall I really like the kit just got to fine tune it..

Had mine a few days and it’s a nice looking kit..I like the 5.5ml tank but need to look at all coils that are available I’m using the 1.2ohm but it’s just about doing the job..can not get the draw activated vape to work maybe that’s for dtl..and while it produces sufficient vapour there’s little or no flavour..12 watts seems the best temp for me on the 1.20hm..but more experimenting is required me thinks..overall I really like the kit just got to fine tune it..
I never managed to get the auto pull to work with that coil. Im surprised you aren't getting much flavour though as that was the bit i like most about the voopoo coils! But, as we have found in the past, the qc on the coils can be a little off so maybe you got a not so good one or maybe I got a particularly good one. Its good there are so many different coils to choose from though so you can play about and get the vape that suits you, this is a good step in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom