What's new

Wear masks on public transport and in shops

Tbf, they don't just walk up filming and shove a mic under their nose. They ask for an interview and only film them if they agree. They can easily say no.

But...

I've often thought how crazy it is to send reporters all over the world to danger hot spots. War raging and chemical bombs going off in the background but at least we can watch it live with our BBC war reporter right there.

SARS pandemic? Never fear, you can watch it unfolding live with our ITV reporter right there in the epicenter along with 2 dozen other reporters.

A mother and child murdered? Tune in at any time you like to have a look thru the windows in to the blood stained room with our Sky reporter. Notice the splatter on the ceiling? Missed it? Don't worry, we'll show it again in 5 minutes time and then again on repeat every 10 minutes for the next day or two.

The news media / cycle is out of control, IMHO.
And you suspect the blood spatter on the ceiling might have been added for effect .............

Half of me hates it, and half of me prefers the idea of journalists bearing witness. And with images.

At least I've been able to see that half the people using public transport shown today have not bothered to cover their faces. :(

on the rare occasion i use a face mask anyway , but cant understand why they have waited this long..

on the rare occasion i use a face mask anyway , but cant understand why they have waited this long..
Me too, but when I went cat food shopping I was the only person in the shop (apart from staff) wearing one. Makes you feel like a muppet for trying. :25:

Back
Top Bottom