What's new

Looking at getting a authentic billet box

Thank you for that,i own two 60w and there was no information about the chipset in the box.I stand corrected.
Plug it into a PC with Escribe. Genuine DNA60 will be recognised. The 70w is a proprietry board used by SXK in the 70w BB & other mods. Screen layout is different to DNA & has a bypass mode, not found on any Evolv DNA board.

I would suggest that if this is your first foray into BBs, avoid anything like the newest offering. Get yourself a DNA60 regular BB. These Clear/Opaque ones are not the same animal at all. The Original BBB design is pretty near indestructible and can handle just about anything thrown at them, whereas these others are not as tough.
Another consideration is the the potential problems of warping. I know this is more common with Stabwood Panels etc, but Team Noct, producers of Stabwood BBs have been running into issues with their most recent Ultem editions. The panels have been known to distort after a while which has not been terribly encouraging, especially when one takes the price of them into account.
I would honestly suggest that a regular BB would be a far wiser starting point, you can customise it to your hearts content and create your own unique example without breaking the bank.
If you cancy having one of the latest offerings, then by all means do so, but after others have discovered any potential shortcomings :)

I would suggest that if this is your first foray into BBs, avoid anything like the newest offering. Get yourself a DNA60 regular BB. These Clear/Opaque ones are not the same animal at all. The Original BBV design is pretty near indestructible and can handle just about anything thrown at them, whereas these others are not as tough.
Another consideration is the the potential problems of warping. I know this is more common with Stabwood Panels etc, but Team Noct, producers of Stabwood BBs have been running into issues with their most recent Ultem editions. The panels have been known to distort after a while which has not been terribly encouraging, especially when one takes the price of them into account.
I would honestly suggest that a regular BB would be a far wiser starting point, you can customise it to your hearts content and create your own unique example without breaking the bank.
If you cancy having one of the latest offerings, then by all means do so, but after others have discovered any potential shortcomings :)

Thanks for the heads up . I’ll go dna sxk then . Makes that very easy ha ha

I haven't read this whole thread so I'm sure at least some if not all of this has been covered.

The SXK DNA 60 clone does work just as well as the authentic and has the advantage of a native USB port if that matters to somebody. It does to me.

The overall build quality of the authentic is going to be somewhat better, which I hope so for 2.5 times the money, or more. That said, a woman over on ECF who has access to a laser scanning machine, scanned the body of both an authentic and an SXK and reported that the fine dimensions are virtually indistinguishable. It's practically certain that this is how they do their cloning. They get their hands on an authentic, scan it digitally, export the results as some kind of data file and use that to reproduce it in a clone. Same with everything else I'm sure.

Which leads to the next point. All easily interchangeable bits, bridges, rbas, panels, buttons doors etc, except the threads on the screws and the 510 key are fully compatible between the authentic and the SXK.

I have only SXK stuff, except for a YFTK Xeta, but I have 2 SXK Xetas too. 2 working Billet Boxes and 7 or 8 clone rbas. If I blindfolded one of the rabid anti-clone BB faithful and handed them one of mine, telling them that it was running a Bridg'd rba (or whatever) and had them vape it, they would not be able to tell me it wasn't authentic without taking off the blindfold and even then they'd have to look real close.

It may sound contradictory, but I don't pirate music, movies or software. I am not FOR the counterfeiting of anything.

In the BB world however, the players absolutely beg for cloning in the form of astronomical prices and in the case of BBV, small runs limiting availability and their utter refusal to include a factory onboard USB port too.

Another factor is that pretty much all BB stuff, from the mods to the rbas sell like hotcakes, not only despite cloning, but sometimes BECAUSE of cloning. I can't count how many times somebody has bought an authentic Billet Box or rba because they tried the clone first.

SXK DNA 60 Billet Boxes sell almost as fast as the authentics and their rbas fly off the shelves too. BBV sells their Saturday morning drops in minutes. In other words they sell every single unit they make. The big name rba outfits have no problem selling their authentic rbas either. The customizers who make doors, panels buttons, drip tips etc. sell to owners of both authentics and clones.

Everybody wins and nobody loses. It's not like authentic gear is sitting on the shelves unsold because of cloning.

Last edited:
tease
The POTV SXK transparent BB guinea pig list...
1.Phat Barstood
Now if it was transparent with the added flavour of an evolv chipset..

Er just how modular and consistent are these?? would the dna chipset from one fit inside the transparent housing with minimal fuss? Or would that involve drastic dremil action

**edit never mind @Rob s post abive covers it - how did i miss that!! DOH!

tease

Now if it was transparent with the added flavour of an evolv chipset..

Er just how modular and consistent are these?? would the dna chipset from one fit inside the transparent housing with minimal fuss? Or would that involve drastic dremil action

**edit never mind @Rob s post abive covers it - how did i miss that!! DOH!

After that big post above I’m definitely off the authentic bbv. I’ll go sxk ... but I might try and do this also ... a dna chipset... what do they cost... a clear sxk cost £70/£80? A little tinkering in the shed and a few choice words and I’m sure I can try a build a hahha ... if I can strip nearly anything apart repair and rebuild and it still work I’m sure I can do a little box mod ... even if it’s with a few comments off potv hahaha

Damn that transparent looks nice.
If a DNA comes along and I am drunk something might occur.

Damn that transparent looks nice.
If a DNA comes along and I am drunk something might occur.
resize_135827_cr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom