What's new

Sxk supbox sbs mod

Great review, all bases covered, without a gush fest, well done... condensation is the enemy, more so bottom condensation.... I will wait to see how it holds up from others, if it's well sealed then there should be no problems, need someone to take one apart to confirm, Im sure someone will get into the guts of it n see.
I did just for a second consider stripping it down to have a look inside (I’m a sod for taking things apart!) but once the screwdriver was in my hand, I realised that I just couldn’t do it, I love it too much to risk buggering it up just yet :D but I did have a really good look around and I reckon it should be ok. There are two screws on the edge down the visible channels but they are very deep set and are squarely in and well tightened. My bigger concern was the 510 adapter but there is a lot of threads to get past. The connector seals it pretty well and the actual 510 underneath also looks well seated and sealed. It was bone dry in there even after I’ve put a few tank fulls through (there was moisture on the top like in the photo in the review). It certainly looks like it should be ok but the proof will be in the long term use. As I think I’ll be using this for a long while, I’ll update this thread if anything untoward happens!

I did just for a second consider stripping it down to have a look inside (I’m a sod for taking things apart!) but once the screwdriver was in my hand, I realised that I just couldn’t do it, I love it too much to risk buggering it up just yet :D but I did have a really good look around and I reckon it should be ok. There are two screws on the edge down the visible channels but they are very deep set and are squarely in and well tightened. My bigger concern was the 510 adapter but there is a lot of threads to get past. The connector seals it pretty well and the actual 510 underneath also looks well seated and sealed. It was bone dry in there even after I’ve put a few tank fulls through (there was moisture on the top like in the photo in the review). It certainly looks like it should be ok but the proof will be in the long term use. As I think I’ll be using this for a long while, I’ll update this thread if anything untoward happens!

Great stuff, cheers

This should be an easier option. Still use all the bridges but better form factor.

I like the style of the Billet Box, i don't like the look of SXK Supbox. might be better in a lot of ways but i prefer the Billet Box.

Just got my Supbox today. Just using the tank that came with it and the stock 1.1 ohm coil. Am very impressed already.

Just got my Supbox today. Just using the tank that came with it and the stock 1.1 ohm coil. Am very impressed already.

Good to hear still withering over one just waiting for more reviews first

Good to hear still withering over one just waiting for more reviews first

It was a bit of a no brainer for me really. I use RTAs and Billet stuff. The included tank and stock coil is a good bonus as well for me.

It was a bit of a no brainer for me really. I use RTAs and Billet stuff. The included tank and stock coil is a good bonus as well for me.

If i csn sell my dot and maybe one other thing then i might pick one up dont like bb's that much but this looks good

Now i didn't know you were a Billet Box user @rew , getting one myself so will be wanting all the hints and tips off you.

Now i didn't know you were a Billet Box user @rew , getting one myself so will be wanting all the hints and tips off you.

Have used a few MTL bridges in my time. BB has never really been my main device though.

Back
Top Bottom