What's new

Kayfun Lite Plus.

It's just to differentiate from the mtl pin that already exists I think. They where concerned calling it mtl pin 2 or 21 would just lead to more confusion and folks ordering the wrong thing.

It does get confusing when a manufacturer releases a revised version of a tank.
I used to get confused between the multiple versions of kayfuns as many looked almost identical.
I thought naming the tighter pin for the 2019 "XS" was pretty good actually. Sounds kinda techie and cool and differentiates it from the standard pin.

Why not call it the "XS 21 Pin?"

Like I say, it's no big deal at all, it just had me staring at my screen for a minute. Huh? :confused: Now I'm gonna have to be an amateur until I get the pro pin?

i will permit it it’s pro designation if it allows me to get a tight draw out the bastard without it gurgling and wheezing :D

i will permit it it’s pro designation if it allows me to get a tight draw out the bastard without it gurgling and wheezing :D

If you fill the juice wells up with cotton, if your using 50/50, it runs perfectly well.

If you fill the juice wells up with cotton, if your using 50/50, it runs perfectly well.
It's weird. The Lite is the one tank I've never tried to faff with wicking and never given me a single problem.
I thread the wick through (plain muji), put the scissors at the base of the raised deck and cut at about 45 degrees to give enough wick to just touch the deck, then poke it in. Never faffed or fluffed, never gurgled or dry hit. Not once in thousands of tank fills.

It's weird. The Lite is the one tank I've never tried to faff with wicking and never given me a single problem.
I thread the wick through (plain muji), put the scissors at the base of the raised deck and cut at about 45 degrees to give enough wick to just touch the deck, then poke it in. Never faffed or fluffed, never gurgled or dry hit. Not once in thousands of tank fills.

Yeah, it's certainly a no faff tank. But if you do thin out your wick tails that's when you can have problems. This seems to be more so with the Plus for some reason.

maybe i’m just not putting enough cotton in it. too used to the dvarw that just needs a wee wispy bit? i had the same problem with the 3 mini though and to a much lesser extent the prime. i remember there was talk of making sure the cotton is away from the deck, as well (with the prime). i shall try it out again with more cotton. maybe a 2.5mm coil.

2.5mm coil with plenty of cotton, fold the cotton down the side and cut to the top of the o ring. Can’t go wrong with that method for me tbh.

Last edited:
maybe i’m just not putting enough cotton in it. too used to the dvarw that just needs a wee wispy bit? i had the same problem with the 3 mini though and to a much lesser extent the prime. i remember there was talk of making sure the cotton is away from the deck, as well (with the prime). i shall try it out again with more cotton. maybe a 2.5mm coil.

Yep, fill the wells up with the Lite. It is a very efficient wicker.

I cut the muji about the same width as the coil diameter, remove top and bottom sheets, twist and pull.
some resistance but not enough to trouble the coil. Cut as above, and pokey pokey down it goes with my tweezers.
only thing I've ever noticed is like all tanks. If I've cut the wick a little long and it's looped high pre entering the coil, it can quickly get dirty as it touches the chamber wall. still.causes no issue's though.

As they said, use more cotton than the Dvarw.

Back
Top Bottom