What's new

Sub Ohm Johnny Ace has a look at the Profile M

JohnnyAce

Veteran
Right, this is no reveiw but seeing as Wotofo very kindly sent this to me in a giveaway I thought I'd return the favour & post up my thoughts on the Profile M RTA

In the box you'll get everything you need to get started, 3 types of mesh strips (including the Clapton S Mesh), 3 cotton threads & all the tools to fit your builds. You'll get the usual pack of spare o-rings & screws including an extra normal sized 810 drip tip but there's no spare spring for under the ceramic block. On top of all that you get a bubble tank to increase the juice capacity from 3.1ml to 4ml which you're really going to need! For a bubble tank it doesn't really increase the overall size of the tank & only adds a couple of mm's to it's width

Out the box, it's a really nice looking RTA, low in profile, simple in design with minimal branding, there's some branding around the AFC but with mine being black it's barely noticable

Installing the mesh strip couldn't be simpler, pick the one you want, bend it around the tool, open the clamps & it's done. The wicking may be tricky if you're not used to wicking mesh RTAs but it's pretty easy once you get the knack of it

Over the last few weeks, I tried out all 3 of the provided mesh strips & found them all to work the best at the higher end of the wattage recomendations, this is where I found the flavour to really peak. The airflow is ample & I found closing it down would increase the flavour & the warmth of the vape so it's about finding that sweet spot you prefer, I found mine with closing the airflow off about a fifth. Of course, this being top airflow it's not going to leak on you, the worse you'll get is a flooded deck. Though the airflow doesn't whistle, it is a little whooshy, the more you close it down the less whoosh you get

Last of all I tried out a regular coil, it doesn't say in the instruction pamphelt you can but I thought I'd give it a whirl & it worked just fine

I used only fruit based juices & found the flavours to really pop, I do like the cool, fresh, crisp vape mesh gives. Clouds are thick, dense & impressive for the low wattages mesh vapes at. With the tank being a shorty, the drip tip isn't far from the coil which only helps with the flavour. It'll absolutley blow through juice in no time which doesn't bother me one bit, it shows it's wicking well & you're getting top notch flavour

To re-fill, it's a slide open & rubber valve jobby, straight away it ruled out most of my juices because the bottle nibs were too fat. It wasn't a huge problem & I guess this system is in place to help with keeping the tank on the short side. There's no marker for where you push to open the topfill, you just sort of find it & remember where it is

I paired it with an Aegis Mini & it makes a fantastic pocket set-up

Profile M.jpg

All in all, I'm really enjoying the Profile M & it easilly slips into my arsenal of vape setups

The Good bits

You get everything in the box to get you started
Leak proof
The looks & "stubby" size
Ease of building
Top notch, crisp flavour

The knit-picky bits

No spare spring - never needed one before anyway
Plastic tanks - "tank cracker" juices not recomended
The top fill gromit - only suitable for narrow nib bottles & I found I had to tilt the bottle when refilling with the normal drip tip else it would pop it out

:2thumbsup:

Great review mate :2thumbsup:

I think this is going to be my next tank, just need to find a glass bubble for it.

i bought.one of these out of desperation a couple of weeks back, by far the worst atty ive ever owned, hate the thing, it takes longer to fill then to use and it gets very messy

i bought.one of these out of desperation a couple of weeks back, by far the worst atty ive ever owned, hate the thing, it takes longer to fill then to use and it gets very messy

I can understand, I'm not a big fan of the gromits, give me some great big kidney holes to dump my juice into & I'm happy

Use a thin nozzle & it's alright

Nice review @JohnnyAce which has kind of put me off, I like my RTA's a bit bigger and for this kind of Tank it's just too small, the filling problem you mention also again put's me off. How i see this is it's in essence a Profile RDA which they have added some glass to. I still enjoyed your concise review though so good job.

Back
Top Bottom