What's new

No throat hit from Drag X plus pro Tank with 70:30 VG:PGeliquid

Aneesh Kalita

Initiate
Hello,
I am new to this forum as well as to vaping. I got a new Drag X plus Pro mod and MTL Tank. I filled it up with a Chuffed 70:30 VG: PG e-liquid(added four 18mg/ml nicotine shots bottles to it). The flavour and clouds are good but the vape is too smooth for me. As an ex-cigarette smoker, I want a decent throat hit as well for a good vaping experience. I was wondering if I bought the wrong device or liquid; and if you would help me out. Greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Welcome to potv. It might help folks on here if you say what tank/pod/coils/wattage you're using.

As above, give 50/50 freebase a try.

4x18mg in a 100ml shortfill is only going to be around 6mg nic, which combined with the higher VG isn't going to give much throat hit.

Hi @Aneesh Kalita and welcome to the planet.

firstly which mouth to lung tank are you using and which coil. MTL tanks are best used with high ohm coil like 1.8, 1.6, 1.5 etc at low wattage averaging 12-15watts.

the chuffed juice, was it 50ml or 100 ml bottle of zero nicotine juice.
you added 4 nic shots so 40ml. what ratio were these as usually its 100vg most places supply which will make the juice way too thick to use in a MTL tank.

1. a mouth to lung tank is best used with 50vg/50pg
2. shortfill 50ml or 100ml are more suited for direct to lung and were designed to take 1 nic shot in a 50ml bottle and 2 nic shots in a 100ml bottle to make the final strength at 3mg nic strength. the more nic shots added the weaker the flavour will get.
3. to get a stronger throat hit as said 50/50 best and buying 10ml TPD tested bottles you can buy higher nic strength like 3,6,9,12,18mg
4. nic salts come in 5,10,20mg but are much smoother on the throat and 20mg salts taste like 3mg freebase nicotine.

give us an idea of what flavours you like and people can recommend something more suited.

Hi @Aneesh Kalita and welcome to the planet.

firstly which mouth to lung tank are you using and which coil. MTL tanks are best used with high ohm coil like 1.8, 1.6, 1.5 etc at low wattage averaging 12-15watts.

the chuffed juice, was it 50ml or 100 ml bottle of zero nicotine juice.
you added 4 nic shots so 40ml. what ratio were these as usually its 100vg most places supply which will make the juice way too thick to use in a MTL tank.

1. a mouth to lung tank is best used with 50vg/50pg
2. shortfill 50ml or 100ml are more suited for direct to lung and were designed to take 1 nic shot in a 50ml bottle and 2 nic shots in a 100ml bottle to make the final strength at 3mg nic strength. the more nic shots added the weaker the flavour will get.
3. to get a stronger throat hit as said 50/50 best and buying 10ml TPD tested bottles you can buy higher nic strength like 3,6,9,12,18mg
4. nic salts come in 5,10,20mg but are much smoother on the throat and 20mg salts taste like 3mg freebase nicotine.

give us an idea of what flavours you like and people can recommend something more suited.
Thank you for the useful information.
Actually, I am using a DTL voopoo TPP tank with 0.2 ohm coil. The device is voopoo Drag X plus pro And I heard 50 pg juices are not meant for a subohm coil. So I was wondering I will have a new MTL tank and 50 pg juice. But can we fit an MTL tank to a high powered pod like drag X...will it cause damage to the MTL coils?

As above, give 50/50 freebase a try.

4x18mg in a 100ml shortfill is only going to be around 6mg nic, which combined with the higher VG isn't going to give much throat hit.
You mean the free base small bottle with 18mg/ml..That is not flavoured right...And do we have shortfill eliquids for MTL juices? Thank you

Back
Top Bottom