What's new

Review £20 Copper Penny Clone from AngelfireMods

Raguri

Nutter!
Right then. after winning the 4nine by infinte from angelfires competition, I asked SMB about the copper penny mod that was listed on his site for £20. Not 100% sure if it's still there, but sod it, I was asked by him to write a review for it and he sent me it for abusing and using.

Even though he sent this to see what I did with it, this is all my own words, and I do not have a gun to my head. These words are my own, and not POTVs, or anyone elses... My Alphabeti Spaghetti did not tell me to do this... Honest Doc.

So, where to start...

I guess I should say this - In all my time cloud chasing, I have never EVER owned a copper mod.
Why?
As I did not believe it would make any difference over brass. Not a noticeable difference anyway...
But oh boy. It does.

After taking it out of its rather minimalistic packaging (This was mentioned on the site, so I don't really mind... Plus, I now have a handy case!). I was actually amazed at how beautiful copper is. I've only ever seen copper in the flesh once mod wise, which was my Bosses copper mod by Da Iron Mods. But that's always tarnished... And is hardly out these days. This thing looks gorgeous, no it's not engraved but laser etched, but personally, I do not care. This will be patina'd at some point in the near future... And I will not mind about doing it.

Threading wise, the threads are huge. As in, they look industrial. But personally I like this as it gives me a bit more "Hmm, this could take a beating" as I know it would take a hell of a thump to damage these threads!
The top pin, is adjustable in the chi you fashion, and did need a bit of ragurification before I used it. Stock, the positive pin to the attie looks a bit like a nipple... It's rounded on the top. So, a quick rub with some 1000 grit wet and dry and it was sorted. A nice flat contact point!

So, I put a battery on it, stuck my loony dripper on, instantly expecting to melt the spring in the switch. I adjusted for the battery rattle and flush fitting, and fired.
No heat. At all! And the biggest clouds I have ever made. It's quite annoying to think that the genuine mods I have owned, did not hit this hard. I've actually coiled the dripper to a "Sensible" 0.15 ohms due to this thing ripping my throat out at first.
Switch wise, it's a basic lockable switch. No adjustments. Just a spring, locking ring, button and contact, Simple! But it works. The throw is a little long, but still shorter than a nemesis, (I am used to the stingray after all...)

Would I buy one ? Yes, yes I would. This thing now goes with me everywhere. and the poor ray has been left attieless for a good while now...

I want more copper.
No.
I need more copper!

@Raguri

Solid review. Saw the Penny mod on Angelfiremods. Looks sweet as a proverbial.

I know for a fact the 1:1 will be even better than this... and it's cheap... get one + a copper tobh/the infinite cross dripper thing. Then blow huge clouds.

I know for a fact the 1:1 will be even better than this... and it's cheap... get one + a copper tobh/the infinite cross dripper thing. Then blow huge clouds.

I like my cloud "medium" but I do love a bonny mod and this is a box ticker! I think the original has a proper penny (cent) in/as the fire button. It is cheap though, FT cheap. Angelfiremods are looking sweeeeet at the mo! (I missed their B-stock 18350 only Vanilla and that made me sad :()

I like my cloud "medium" but I do love a bonny mod and this is a box ticker! I think the original has a proper penny (cent) in/as the fire button. It is cheap though, FT cheap. Angelfiremods are looking sweeeeet at the mo! (I missed their B-stock 18350 only Vanilla and that made me sad :()

That's what amazes me, the fact they were doing this so cheap, and the owner is such a nice guy as well, makes them a winner in my books!!!

I've never, ever owned a 20 quid mod that could take a 0.07 build and survive wanting more!!!!!!

I did look at that, then thought "when the hell would I use a 350?!" :(. Part of my regrets getting into cloud chasing as everything seems small now... had a go on the new dual coil kanger stuff, even a 1.5 ohm head at 4.5 volts made me want more even if it did give off a rather respectable cloud!

That's what amazes me, the fact they were doing this so cheap, and the owner is such a nice guy as well, makes them a winner in my books!!!

I've never, ever owned a 20 quid mod that could take a 0.07 build and survive wanting more!!!!!!

I did look at that, then thought "when the hell would I use a 350?!" :(. Part of my regrets getting into cloud chasing as everything seems small now... had a go on the new dual coil kanger stuff, even a 1.5 ohm head at 4.5 volts made me want more even if it did give off a rather respectable cloud!

I think it'll be a few years before battery technology has caught up with your requirements, Mr R.

The way I'm looking at a review like yours is, if it can handle getting ravaged by you, it can take my delicate vaping technique with ease. :)

I think it'll be a few years before battery technology has caught up with your requirements, Mr R.

The way I'm looking at a review like yours is, if it can handle getting ravaged by you, it can take my delicate vaping technique with ease. :)

Hence why every item I own has been abused. If it can take me, it can take normal vapers ;)

Back
Top Bottom