What's new

Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA - quad coil build and much more!

3ml and 6ml stainless, 3ml and 6ml black, all with 2-post decks listed on FastTech at near full retail prices, $42.99-$45.99
Steam Crave now confirm that these are authentics but I can't see FT shifting too many at that price. FT initially listed the 3ml stainless at $26.24, at which point I snaffled one. :) Steam Crave understandably got more than a little pissed off about the heavy discounting.

But nobody shops on FT for items at the full RRP, do they?
Apparently the code: MAP takes them to £17! Keep it quiet though.

Indeed tiger coils i love them. Pound for pound time spent/quality of vape one of the best coils out there. They're called tigers because if you wrap them well, prep the wire nice they look like a tigers paw with the claws poking out. To get them to line up, its not a fluke - its a numbers game. Pssssssst. (Secrets incoming).

26g - one 'wrap' of a @stealthvape spool
0.4 ribbon of the same length.
Straighten the 26g.
Run the .4 flat against the 26g and clamp in the drill chuck.
Make sure there are no kinks/twists.
Clamp the other end with pliers, keeping the ribbon flat.
Rotate the drill 252 times (no shit)

You now have tiger wire, wrap it around around a 2.5mm bit and everything should line up/look cool. Dont wrestle the coil - its an easy wrap. If i span the drill clockwise, i wrap clockwise and visa versa (might not make any difference, no point in risking)

Its literally a 2 min build. Blooooody good vape.

I'm out of ribbon atm lol

Uploaded too many pics and wont let me delete- apologies.
I have a pair of your tigers in my Aeolus ... 6 wraps = 0.37ohms @Mr Numpty
Whatever the reason for the name, they're aggressive little buggers and at 35W I can pick out every flavour in this Space Jam: Andromeda clone juice I mixed up.

Indeed tiger coils i love them. Pound for pound time spent/quality of vape one of the best coils out there. They're called tigers because if you wrap them well, prep the wire nice they look like a tigers paw with the claws poking out. To get them to line up, its not a fluke - its a numbers game. Pssssssst. (Secrets incoming).

26g - one 'wrap' of a @stealthvape spool
0.4 ribbon of the same length.
Straighten the 26g.
Run the .4 flat against the 26g and clamp in the drill chuck.
Make sure there are no kinks/twists.
Clamp the other end with pliers, keeping the ribbon flat.
Rotate the drill 252 times (no shit)

You now have tiger wire, wrap it around around a 2.5mm bit and everything should line up/look cool. Dont wrestle the coil - its an easy wrap. If i span the drill clockwise, i wrap clockwise and visa versa (might not make any difference, no point in risking)

Its literally a 2 min build. Blooooody good vape.

I'm out of ribbon atm lol

Uploaded too many pics and wont let me delete- apologies.

Those look nice. The drill and I have a date tonight:11: Yes, it sounds wrong on a lot of levels....LOL.

What sort of coil life are people getting out of these? I've had the same coils in one for several weeks now……….I'm so lazy :tongue:

Hi all

I'm totally loving this RDTA.. Bought 2 got 2 more on the way.. However I get the feeling I'm not getting the most out of it probably due to my inexperience..

If I post up pics of my build and wicking could some of you guys tell me what I should change or try etc etc..

Any comments would be greatly appreciated..

Thanking you in advance

Ok so, following on from my post yesterday here's pics of my build and wick..

Please comment on what you feel should be changed/different etc

Thanks

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1448658727.453942.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1448658747.180749.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1448658790.919648.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1448658982.599558.jpg

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1448659001.775817.jpg

Looking good to me, except I think you'd be better with at least one wrap less, probably two.

Back
Top Bottom