What's new

Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA - quad coil build and much more!

The designer, BJ, reportedly doesn't use a drip tip and vapes straight off the nipple. I find that a tad warm sometimes!
Talking of which, tried a new build today which was suggested by BJ but instead of using 0.5 kanthal I used 26/32 clapton ... far too hot without the delrin drip tip!
Great one for flavour.
Single wire clapton.jpg
single wire clapton single wick.jpg

That's really nice.. Is there a tutorial on how to make that build?.. I really want to give that a go but wouldn't even know where to begin..

The designer, BJ, reportedly doesn't use a drip tip and vapes straight off the nipple. I find that a tad warm sometimes!
Talking of which, tried a new build today which was suggested by BJ but instead of using 0.5 kanthal I used 26/32 clapton ... far too hot without the delrin drip tip!
Great one for flavour.View attachment 71135 View attachment 71136

That's inspired me, looks like a TC build would work well with that principle. Job tomorrow will be sticking some ni200 in with an upside down u shape...

I know its stating the obvious but I just rewicked both of my tanks and after the settling in period the flavour is fantastic. What a vape. What a piece of kit.

I'm a lazy bastard when it comes to re-coiling and I have tended to strangle as much out of my wicks as possible but no more……I'm a born again re-wicker!

Well, despite rating it first for the ease of build and wicking, and joint first for airflow he still rates the RDTA only 4th overall. Surprising just how important top fill is to some people, huh?
"You need the top fill, you really do!"

Last edited:
Interesting comment about the wick. My last build had really short tails and I agree, there was less browning of the wick and it just seemed to perform better.

Top fill is a good thing but not a must. The obs crius top fill is probably the best. But I still don't have a problem opening the tank up and bottom filling.

Back
Top Bottom