What's new

“i” vaping in schools story…

https://apple.news/AP82EZly6SzacXToSBrcnnw

doesn't make much distinction between general vaping and disposables really - which is where the problem lies.

agree that it’s where the problem lies for us. in that disposables have caused it. or made it hugely worse. but the other problem for us now, is that for the concerned teacher or parent, it’s any kind of vape. they wouldn’t see it as any better if kids were puffing refillable pods or big box mods.

if they ban disposables tomorrow, if there are kids who are genuinely addicted, or who even just want to keep doing what they are finding fun, they’ll either buy them illegally or find something else the paper shop will sell to them.

it’s all a bit of a mess that could have been seen coming.

agree that it’s where the problem lies for us. in that disposables have caused it. or made it hugely worse. but the other problem for us now, is that for the concerned teacher or parent, it’s any kind of vape. they wouldn’t see it as any better if kids were puffing refillable pods or big box mods.

if they ban disposables tomorrow, if there are kids who are genuinely addicted, or who even just want to keep doing what they are finding fun, they’ll either buy them illegally or find something else the paper shop will sell to them.

it’s all a bit of a mess that could have been seen coming.
Nobody was looking, and why would they? 12ish years ago when I bought my first cigalike I never dreamed that it would morph into a multi billion pound industry, become a massive pollutant, provoke bordering on hysterical protests and , if you listen to the doom mongers, threaten what has become a way of life for me.

If we hobbyist vapers keep on promoting what we see as the acceptable face of vaping, we already have a lot of things in our favour by way of favourable reports from professional bodies etc.let`s keep reminding the doubters that smoking is the enemy. A lot of stupid ideas began life as " what if " s we dont need to create any more.

How many vapers do you think have taken the time and effort to write to her head and point out her mistake? If said teacher doesn`t read this forum she`ll never know she`s in error and her article will become yet another "what if".

I smiled at a head teacher asking the police to come and educate the girls about the dangers of vaping, perhaps they could do chemistry lessons while they are at it.

Interesting! One of the pictures used is from Istock and, well read the description.
Screenshot_20230227-170923~2.png

Same image is used here too in an article of vaping for Women.
https://ph.theasianparent.com/vape-for-women
Are they telling us that image is of a 10 yr old child?
Even Getty images where they got the picture says its a grown woman.
Yet they use it as an image of a child.
Screenshot_20230227-172050~2.png

Last edited:
Kids, eh?
Get behind the bike shed for a fag like your parents used to do.
Or a quick fag in the bushes half way around the cross-country route.

Interesting! One of the pictures used is from Istock and, well read the description.
View attachment 310933
Same image is used here too in an article of vaping for Women.
https://ph.theasianparent.com/vape-for-women
Are they telling us that image is of a 10 yr old child?
Even Getty images where they got the picture says its a grown woman.
Yet they use it as an image of a child.
View attachment 310934
The sneaky bastards, up until I read that the only thing that raised my hackles was the un evidenced claim of 68 deaths attributed to vaping.

Back
Top Bottom