What's new

0.8mm kanthal

0.08 is a nice spot actually, but you need to know about pulse ratings etc. Lowest I have been is 0.05 ohms, and that was a bit toooo touchy go for me. That was on 17awg kanthal and single coil D:

Sat here with a long bit of .32 got nowt to plonk it on other than the mech like to test it if I make one, shorts are a fair posability i would of thought running two coils sandwiched together, I could really do with a meter that checks shorts in addition to ohms.

Sat here with a long bit of .32 got nowt to plonk it on other than the mech like to test it if I make one, shorts are a fair posability i would of thought running two coils sandwiched together, I could really do with a meter that checks shorts in addition to ohms.

it does mate.....it says 0.00

or in you case ....0.12 :)

Do 4 wraps using my.method, and trust in yourself xD shorts are found in resistance. Then when pulsing, you'll notice them as hot spots, they take a while to do but my God they're good.

ITaste VV 3.0 I know does

Sent From Within A Plume Of Vapour...

Do 4 wraps using my.method, and trust in yourself xD shorts are found in resistance. Then when pulsing, you'll notice them as hot spots, they take a while to do but my God they're good.

anybody tried this with ribbon ?
may give a double wound tinman a go on the kraken !

anybody tried this with ribbon ?
may give a double wound tinman a go on the kraken !

It's possible, but it's a Bitch to do, the whole.point of parallels is to give the coverage of ribbon, whilst keeping the low ohms. Plus, with round wire it slots into place, with ribbon, it won't.

hmm that might be a better idea cheers I was just watching sick as tits's version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MNJuYuwgwI

Not watched that myself, I find his voice makes me want to punch something. But you can do it both strands at once but you're more likely to overlap it. Which is bad.

Back
Top Bottom