What's new

510 connection

show me a picture of the 510 and i will tell you what sort it is if i can
This is the one, it's 16mm in diameter.
vsuhwkddkdip8.jpg

This is the one, it's 16mm in diameter.
vsuhwkddkdip8.jpg
Can be useful to pick up some varying size 510 screws for atomisers.
I have had to keep loads for squonk mods and have changed a few regular ones too.(differing head thicknesses is key)
innokin coolfires use those rubber based 510 connectors so your often get a gap with long pins. They do help to stop juice from seeping into the mod though.

I have some 510 pins laying around. I measured the 510 connections of my Lite and Dvarw, the latter has a 0.5mm longer 510 so those atty swirl protectors should solve the problem. Thanks, now I have an alternative in case I need it. By that time the connector might have run in a bit, apparently it does soften up after some use.

I would say that's a modmaker 510 it may well be the 12 mm nut version it could be the newer 10mm but I expect it's not, lots of varients if you overwind the 510 or have a longer positive pin in the atty you will push the end off the 510 i.e it will collapse an easy work around is a swirl guard as mentioned

That's really useful information, thank you! It's just like I feared, but I feel that it's gradually becoming easier to screw the atty on. So I think it still had to break in a bit too.

I'd say it's the steelabs/moddog glitch 510, there's a silicon donut instead of a spring, as you tighten it down there will be more resistance

It would be simple enough to check by giving the core a poke with an non conductive object to see of its hard or soft when pushed against

I'd say it's the steelabs/moddog glitch 510, there's a silicon donut instead of a spring, as you tighten it down there will be more resistance

It would be simple enough to check by giving the core a poke with an non conductive object to see of its hard or soft when pushed against
That's exactly what I did. But I felt way more resistance than with normal spring loaded 510 pins and I wasn't sure if that was normal.
I've been using it for some time now and the the silicon donut seems to have softened up a bit. So far everything looks and feels OK, thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom