What's new

6th Covid jab done

MrDJ

Legend
For most it will be their 5th jab but as im imuno compromised im on my 6th and my mum is on her 5th.

GP fucked up again. got a call from them 6 weeks ago asking if my mum would like a home visit to get her jab.
they said we should hear in a few days. a month later heard nothing so phoned surgery and they said my mum was not on the list. sait they would pass it onto their manager and still nothing.
phoned again a week ago and exactly the same excuse. passed onto manager blah blah blah.
phoned monday and guess what, the same. so went in yesterday to confront. and same your mum is not on the list we will pass it onto our manager. said i would like a word with her and was told she does not work fridays.

today i done a search online as i only have a window of a week to get my jab or have to wait another 6 weeks due to meds im on.
local hospital still had walk in centre so both went down today. no queue and was jabbed within 5 minutes.

I asked about which jab was available and was told we are supplying the moderna but you have a choice of three.
moderna
pfizer
pfizer bioNTech bivalent released 3rd september. we chose this one.

In each dose of the new pfizer booster vaccine, ‘Comirnaty bivalent Original/Omicron’, half of the vaccine (15 micrograms) targets the original virus strain and the other half (15 micrograms) targets Omicron (BA.1).

on another note received an urgent email from work (hospital) on friday asking every member of staff to make an appointment to have a new mask fit test.
i know there is a new variant out there in the last week or so with 300 cases reported so i guess they are checking up on the masks everyone wears which might not be strong or thick enough.

I know a lot are saying theve given up and refusing their next jab but what they dont understand is they may not get it bad but they could carry it and pass it onto elderly family members.

anyone else waiting for their next jab?

due flu this week, then will get my fifth covid after that. Last one was June (im immuno c too)

Husband and son have only had 3 and 2 respectively and refuse any more. So I do it for them too. Wont annoy them to have any more as thats their choice

I've just had my 3rd or is it 4th?? Can't remember. But I'll definitely take any vaccine if it helps me or others.

Had my fourth jab in september. Managed to get it at the samr time as my vulnerable parents as I have a lot of contact with them. It was the new Moderna one.

ive heard the moderna has upset a lot of people so was a bit worried and glad i had the option of the new pfizer.

I've had my 4th & it was the new version as for masks every e I go near the doctors surgery or a supermarket then it's facemask on.

Glad you got your jab :) i've only had 3 since I'm in my early 30s. I got covid 2 months ago, felt like I'd been hit by a bus but breathing was fine and thought I had it pretty good all things considered... Got diagnosed with long covid last week, bit of a relief as I literally felt like I was dying (no exaggeration). Entire body hurting, bad fatigue, headaches 24/7 for weeks at a time, out of breath after walking 100 metres. Get your jabs peeps.

Had a flu jab as well 2 weeks ago. Not taking any chances anymore.

4th jab 2 weeks ago, was the Moderna dual strain. Got the flu jab at the same time.

had my jab this week given by a very young lady who managed to get it in my arm just off to the left from the deltoid muscle and then pulled the needle out at an angle 2 days later I felt like I had been run over to the point I was doing covid tests I felt really really ill (still quite fragile now) even me a person who is in favor of the protection in the world of covid is now on the line saying "Jesus more jabs" the young lady asked if I wanted the flu jab at the same time....hmmm not a chance I will pop to the Drs and get a proper nurse to inject.

Back
Top Bottom