What's new

Advice for a partially sighted vaper (part 2)

If you dm me your address I build one and send it on, I dont want anything for it, we`re out shortly so it will be later when I get back to you.
When you have the cotton through the coils, bend the tails down on the outside of the deck and use a craft knife or something to crease them level with the bottom of the deck, that should give you a cutting guide for the length, then it`s just fine tuning.

Thank you sir.

I have been trying that now, as the tweezers i have just fit into the wells and creates a crease. Im cutting them level with the oter edge of the deck, then trimming as needed. I dont intend rewicking for a well now!!!!

I dread the time when I can't see well enough to build, I think mesh is much easier though. Less faff. I think you are doing amazing. I'm sure you can pick up a big magnifying glass and get a better idea of what you are doing instead of guessing.

I dread the time when I can't see well enough to build, I think mesh is much easier though. Less faff. I think you are doing amazing. I'm sure you can pick up a big magnifying glass and get a better idea of what you are doing instead of guessing.

Thank you for your kind comment. I'm partially sighted by way of diabetic retinopathy. I am getting the hang of it now. Managed to rewick in 15 mins as oppose to 8 hours :)

Personally, I have found your story rather inspiring :2thumbsup:

There are many others here as well that manage to overcome physical (and mental) challenges, barely acknowledging the difficulties. Shows that perseverance and positivity can conquer just about any obstacle :)

Personally, I have found your story rather inspiring :2thumbsup:

There are many others here as well that manage to overcome physical (and mental) challenges, barely acknowledging the difficulties. Shows that perseverance and positivity can conquer just about any obstacle :)

Thank you sir, yes i would imagine many others have other difficulties. They also inspire me.

Thank you for your kind comment. I'm partially sighted by way of diabetic retinopathy. I am getting the hang of it now. Managed to rewick in 15 mins as oppose to 8 hours :)
I'm type 1 so I guess I have that coming. My sight has deteriorated since the coma but luckily my new prescription glasses are allowing me to still see.

I'm type 1 so I guess I have that coming. My sight has deteriorated since the coma but luckily my new prescription glasses are allowing me to still see.[/QUOT

Yes same here type 1. I had 2 retinal detachments. One in each eye, with a small tear at the back of the right eye which has left me with no central vision. Now have cataracts in both eyes with the "good" eye being the most affected.

Its not exactly something you can push to the back of your mind as you look through them every day!
Hopefully with good control you may be fine. Unfortunately alcohol played a huge part in my life and i neglected my control. I'm now 13 years free of alcohol but Ii am paying a heavy price for my addiction, with liver and kidney damage as well as neuropathy, But all being said i actually feel quite well. Fortunately I have age on my side, but being in my late 40's its far to soon to be happening.

But it is what it is and I must keep moving forward.

Well done for fighting the addiction!!! If you hadn't, you would no be here now. I'm lucky I've not really drunk much since my early 20s. I was a social drinker and I'm not very social so up until being diagnosed was about 4 times a year lol. I don't drink at all now, being able to live as long as I can to see my grandchildren grow up gives me more joy.

That sucks, I feel for you. I have had perfect sight most of my life and just started to have to wear glasses. That means, I always forget them. I find it so frustrating when I can't see - e.g. in the supermarket, menus at restaurants, using the computer. But at least I have the option of getting my brain into gear and remembering to bring them. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be not to even have that option.

Well done on the 13 years, it's not easy. You're the inspiration dude.

I was a social drinker and I'm not very social

I don't want to make light of what you've been through. But that is my quote of the year so far.

Back
Top Bottom