What's new

Advice for Vape Beginners! (LONG POST)

Hi @Gillylilly and welcome to the planet.
well done on the 4 weeks. soon it will be 4 months.
what nicotine strength are you using so we know how to get you off those last rollies.
Hi I started on 12 mg, would smoke around 30 roll ups a day( more if I was having a drink) I smoked quite a mild tobacco. Gold leaf
Soon realised that 12mg was to stronge for me and I was getting foggy headaches. So dropped down to 9mg I mix 6mg with 12 mg seems to hit the spot for me and no more headache!! I do go through around 3ml a day. Not sure if that's alot of e liquid but its stopped the roll ups.

Hi I started on 12 mg, would smoke around 30 roll ups a day( more if I was having a drink) I smoked quite a mild tobacco. Gold leaf
Soon realised that 12mg was to stronge for me and I was getting foggy headaches. So dropped down to 9mg I mix 6mg with 12 mg seems to hit the spot for me and no more headache!! I do go through around 3ml a day. Not sure if that's alot of e liquid but its stopped the roll ups.
i can get through between 30-40ml a day but at 3mg with sub ohming at higher watts so more cloud uses more juice.

@Gillylilly It's not easy quitting and i should know, i smoked 60+ Roll-Ups a Day for over 40 years and have been off them for roundabout 18 Months. You will find plenty of guys and girls on here who smoked heavily and quit like me. It may sound harsh but you need to totally stop to benefit from vaping. If your struggling try different things like Nic Salts or a Mod or Pod that delivers Nicotine to your system better so the cravings stop. You will always have support from other Apes who have been there and done what you hope to achieve. Welcome to the Planet btw.

@HamishA thanks for posting that info, it's really helpful. I wonder if banging a few headings in might make it more accessible to new vapers?

@Gillylilly It's not easy quitting and i should know, i smoked 60+ Roll-Ups a Day for over 40 years and have been off them for roundabout 18 Months. You will find plenty of guys and girls on here who smoked heavily and quit like me. It may sound harsh but you need to totally stop to benefit from vaping. If your struggling try different things like Nic Salts or a Mod or Pod that delivers Nicotine to your system better so the cravings stop. You will always have support from other Apes who have been there and done what you hope to achieve. Welcome to the Planet btw.
Thanks for the advice, what I was struggling with was finding a few flavours I enjoy, also the nice strength any higher then 12 mg made me dizzy to harsh on the throat ( nic rush) I did try nic salts. Will try again but if I half and half 12 and 6mg making it around 9mg that seems to hit the spot. I do get headaches though think I'm vaping a little to much.. I sit on a night with it my hand like I would of done when I was rolling then up.. Old habits die hard.

Thanks for the advice, what I was struggling with was finding a few flavours I enjoy, also the nice strength any higher then 12 mg made me dizzy to harsh on the throat ( nic rush) I did try nic salts. Will try again but if I half and half 12 and 6mg making it around 9mg that seems to hit the spot. I do get headaches though think I'm vaping a little to much.. I sit on a night with it my hand like I would of done when I was rolling then up.. Old habits die hard.

I found when I first quit that I was chain vaping non-stop, like literally non-stop and I’ve slowly used it less and less.

i found that the JUUL made me pump it, now I try out heaps of different Pod systems and I actually use it less, I get a good hit from the 20mg Nic salt and found that was the difference, just having a decent vape that gave me a good Nic hit to fix the craving. First thing in the morning is my biggest hit, sometimes it’s too much, so I’ve slowed it down and spaced it out gradually, without even trying or thinking about it.

I was going through 1-2 packs of JUULS per day. Was VERY expensive!

The trick is finding the correct flavour and MG! The trial and error is a hassle, but it’s worth it when it you finally figure it out.

I’m still figuring it out haha, just enjoy the journey, well I try to atleast!

Nice write up for newbies.

Like you say everyone has different tastes.
I only used menthol for about two years.
All in the same AIO.
Then I found POTV when looking for a different mod.
Had some very good advice from here and now use lots of different flavours.
Mostly fruit type but some others.
Still use menthol and some times mix some into other flavours if I'm not that struck on them.

I started on 18mg then steadily moved down to 3mg then to zero but it didn't last and went back to 3mg for a while then started to drop a bit more until a few weeks ago I went to zero again.
This time it OK Been of the nic completely.

I found when I first quit that I was chain vaping non-stop, like literally non-stop and I’ve slowly used it less and less.

i found that the JUUL made me pump it, now I try out heaps of different Pod systems and I actually use it less, I get a good hit from the 20mg Nic salt and found that was the difference, just having a decent vape that gave me a good Nic hit to fix the craving. First thing in the morning is my biggest hit, sometimes it’s too much, so I’ve slowed it down and spaced it out gradually, without even trying or thinking about it.
Hi, thanks for the tips, I find 12mg or anything above gives me a nic head rush. So if 9mg which is roughly what I'm getting when I mix to strengths together. Do you think 10mg nic salt would hit the stop for me. Then I might not be sitting on a night with it permanently in my hand?
I've ordered myself a elf bar see what that's like.. Then will take it from there..
Just all the money wasted trying different flavours hahaha. Honestly think I could take a bath in it all..!!

Hi, thanks for the tips, I find 12mg or anything above gives me a nic head rush. So if 9mg which is roughly what I'm getting when I mix to strengths together. Do you think 10mg nic salt would hit the stop for me. Then I might not be sitting on a night with it permanently in my hand?
I've ordered myself a elf bar see what that's like.. Then will take it from there..
Just all the money wasted trying different flavours hahaha. Honestly think I could take a bath in it all..!!
I have always wondered about 10mg, if it would be better to chain vape initially, however every time I go to order a new liquid, I just go back to 20mg haha, don't want to waste even more liquid! My best bet would be is to wait and find a freebie e-liquid deal somewhere and use that.

I am the exact same as you, I could have a week of baths in it! It's just the initial teething problems, I remember I went through it with smokes too, when BH Golds got too exxy in Australia, I started trying different cheaper smokes and it was the same experience haha.

Back
Top Bottom