What's new

AIO Reviewers

I dont think his country does think that - i think it either got good kick back from the baccy companies, or likes the baccy tax too much.

Same with the US - and big tobacco practically owns California - the liberal (yeah right) state.

You could be right as a packet off ciggys in gbp are around £21 over there or 40 aus dollars but why are they trying to make it prescription only I can't see them making anymore money that way and if it saves your government from spending more on people going into hospital from things that are associated with smoking why not try and make the change to vaping as a way to quit smoking and then hopefully stopping vaping when you think you have done what it needs too

Addictions are not curable imo, there is always that threat of failure. I suppose it's down to the person that's been addicted. I have some friends for instance who used Drugs, quit them for a long time only to go back to them, it's the same as smoking with some stopping then going back to them. I myself the other week started fancying a Roll-Up after 4 years. It affects different people different ways and i think it comes down to a lot of willpower. My Sister and her Husband both quit smoking without any aids like Vaping which shocked me at the time as they were quite heavy smokers, i think my 2 Nieces always at them to stop will most likely to have helped. With me, something drastic has to happen before i take action. It was Heart Failure that opened my eyes to smoking, the same with Drinking, i always have to take things to access. I thought nothing of polishing a bottle of Vodka off along with half a dozen beers. I always thought Toothache was the worst pain a person could have until i got Pancreatitis which let me tell you is excruciating pain which i never want to suffer again. So vaping to stay off smoking for me will be a lifelong thing. I thought i could stop the Nicotine but it was either Vaping or Smoking so stuck with Vaping. I know people are not the same and we all are different. If someone Falls off the Wagon while quitting Smoking, Drinking or anything else, never criticise them as we all know being Ex Smokers it isn't that easy and the addiction you thought gone is still there lurking.

You could be right as a packet off ciggys in gbp are around £21 over there or 40 aus dollars but why are they trying to make it prescription only I can't see them making anymore money that way and if it saves your government from spending more on people going into hospital from things that are associated with smoking why not try and make the change to vaping as a way to quit smoking and then hopefully stopping vaping when you think you have done what it needs too

The answer to that is simple - money. Anyone who smokes and pays 40 dollars a day on cigs will be making a huge tax contribution to government coffers.

Making vapes prescription only means that first you must have a Doctor that is WILLING to write a repeat prescription for vape products and not Pharmy product like chantrix or suggest you use patches/nicotine gum. Even if the doc will write a repeat prescription for a vape you will be very limited to choice of flavours and nic levels - Bogan claims 59mg is the only strength available.

If the Aussie Government really did want to combat nicotine addiction they would have taken the same action to make all tobacco product prescription only, but they didn't - focussing on tight restriction of vape product protects their future tobacco tax revenue.

Banning vaping because it MAY lead to as yet unknown future health issues but allowing continued sale of highly taxed combustible tobacco that ABSOLUTELY leads to known severe health issues has nothing to do with concern for public health, it's all about protecting tax revenue.

i’m not sure it is money. if it was surely they’d make vapes widely available and slap a load of tax on them. the thinking is very skewed and puritanical, for sure. but maybe they think they are doing the right thing. temperance society stuff. big fag will be in about it all with their influencer stooges sewing confusion, misinformation and disruption.

Hey, this thread’s topic is aio reviewers, let’s try to keep to that theme. There is a discussion, similar to this one, going on in the Disposables Ban thread in the News section. Please, continue there if you like ;)

Just a friendly reminder :)

Back
Top Bottom