What's new

Airek RDA by Tobecco... Such fun...

I had no problems with my airek the insulator was fine maybe just a unlucky clone but should have been pointed out by the vendor

T... T... Time is running out...

Bank charge back time

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Mine arrived also delrin :(

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Right then.
I've been accepted for a job, and have yet another interview for another one on tuesday.
I was also offered a place at uni.
Naturally, I was very happy.
Mum offered to buy me a dripper as a "Woo, well done!"
So as a result, I had a look around, and narrowed it down to two:
The MX V3...
The Airek RDA Clone.

The airek I bought, was sold as having peek insulators by a company which shall remain nameless until I have confirmation from a mod I'm allowed to tell you all...

Since it was bought by mum, I left all the payment mc'gubbins to her... Annoyingly, she followed their payment guide and sent it as F+F. First mistake..
Next day, it arrived first class signed for.
AWESOME I thought! Let's get a build in it and let rip!

So, I put my usual build in. Something that every single dripper I owned previously before I had to get rid of stuff had in it.
Something it should be able to handle (afterall, an Igo W could ffs).
Upon building it, I had one issue:
The centre post span ever so slightly. No worries. It happens!

so, I fired her up pulsing the coils, wicked them, and had a toot.

fuck me this was good! Huuuuuuge Clouds, bags of flavour, I was a happy bunny.

Then, a grand total of 10 inhales later, Nothing.
Nada.
Other than a fucking hot hand, and a battery entering thermal runaway...
The battery was thrown out the window, and it landed on the grass outside. Don't worry, the dogs were inside and didn't want to play fetch.
I then took the Airek off the SMPL clone it was on...
The 510 pin was flush.. Whereas before it had around 1mm clearance..
Ie, a hard short...
So naturally, I messaged where mum had bought it from...
No reply.
It was read, but there was no reply.
So as a result, I took it all apart and found the insulator was a DELRIN 2 piece. Not Peek as described.
As a result I was rather angry.. And sent another message.
Read, and no reply.
Nothing.
Nada.

So now I have a dripper that can't be used.
If it was actually described properly, I wouldn't be so annoyed. But it wasn't.

Should've just got the f*cking MX v3

If you have a memphisto v1 clone lying around the airek fits on that perfectly plus you get bigger post holes, sorry for delay only found this out last night as i was goofing around with all my rda's

If you have a memphisto v1 clone lying around the airek fits on that perfectly plus you get bigger post holes, sorry for delay only found this out last night as i was goofing around with all my rda's

Nope, I killed two In a week XD.
Annoyingly I just missed out on my old genuine one that saw bloody stupid stuff and came back wanting more. Haha.
I've just got the baal ans rampage from.puff palace. Not sold on the rampage yet, seems a very muted flavour, but the baal is heaven.

Nope, I killed two In a week XD.
Annoyingly I just missed out on my old genuine one that saw bloody stupid stuff and came back wanting more. Haha.
I've just got the baal ans rampage from.puff palace. Not sold on the rampage yet, seems a very muted flavour, but the baal is heaven.

Haha iv started placing my builds alot higher from the deck to avoid killing shit can still run silly low builds just this second looking at the legion rda may give it a whirl and let you know what its like not tryed the rampage or ball either im just ready for a new shiny fix lol

Haha iv started placing my builds alot higher from the deck to avoid killing shit can still run silly low builds just this second looking at the legion rda may give it a whirl and let you know what its like not tryed the rampage or ball either im just ready for a new shiny fix lol

So far, the baal has proven to be incredible. Easy to build, very adjustable airflow, and Its just a lovely little thing.
Looks pretty sweet as well.
The rampage, is just tooo big I think... might pass it on, might give it another bash. Not sure yet. Haha.

So far, the baal has proven to be incredible. Easy to build, very adjustable airflow, and Its just a lovely little thing.
Looks pretty sweet as well.
The rampage, is just tooo big I think... might pass it on, might give it another bash. Not sure yet. Haha.

Nice one im going to pick up this legion clone aparently can fit up to 12 coils in it :-D so should be fun ill give you an update as im quiet aware your the type of guy who likes pushing vaping limits, unless you already tryed and can give me a headsup before i order?

I received a 250mm length of PEEK rod last week and though it's a bit of a ball ache, I've repaired 2 of my RDA's with melted insulators. I'm now hunting for a drill stand to convert my Wolf electric drill into an easier method to drill holes more centrally (dad had a Black & Decker post drill thingy that would have been ideal but either it's been stolen or thrown away as it hasn't been used in 20 years )
I'm hoping to get one soon, then I'll be looking for a few more RDA's to repair if anyone has any they wish to donate?

Back
Top Bottom