What's new

All Items Sale 45%OFF on Halloween, Only 2hrs

@Mitz they messed up i get it same has happened to me but i have been buying from them for over 2 years and this is the first time anything like this has happened. Black Friday next week i am sure you will find a deal or 2 then. You can always speak to Angeliee on here from Hotecig. This isn't a next day batteries fiasco. Someone at the company made a mistake, they haven't tried to rip you off

I absolutely get what you're saying mate and I agree they're not "ripping me off". I also get that you like them and have used them quite a bit. But I am extremely selective about where I shop. Now to be clear, I really don't care about whether or not I received the products. Any more than I cared about the shipping and the VAT. It's not a big deal. As you said, I can pick up whatever I want on Black Friday if I want discounted items. But that is not the point as far as I am concerned. In my opinion it is unbelievably unprofessional to issue a discount code, accept an order, take payment and then email some crap about their competitors and their suppliers. And then offer another discount as long as we "keep it a secret". I am a customer. I am not responsible for their staff member's fuck ups. And I see absolutely no sense in cancelling one discount only to offer another "secret" one. And I have had other emails apart from that one. 20% of my problem is with the way they've issued and retracted this discount and the other 80% is with the communications I am getting back from them.

As stated previously, a company should be judged on how they deal with things when they go wrong not on when everything goes right. So far I am utterly unimpressed.

I am not telling anyone that they shouldn't buy from these guys. They're a legit company, obviously. Anybody who wants to use them should do so.

And there is no comparison with NDB. They're chalk and cheese.

Last edited:
I absolutely get what you're saying mate and I agree they're not "ripping me off". I also get that you like them and have used them quite a bit. But I am extremely selective about where I shop. Now to be clear, I really don't care about whether or not I received the products. Any more than I cared about the shipping and the VAT. It's not a big deal. As you said, I can pick up whatever I want on Black Friday if I want discounted items. But that is not the point as far as I am concerned. In my opinion it is unbelievably unprofessional to issue and discount code, accept an order, take payment and then email some crap about their competitors and their suppliers. And then offer another discount as long as we "keep it a secret". I am a customer. I am not responsible for their staff member's fuck ups. And I see absolutely no sense in cancelling one discount only to offer another "secret" one. And I have had other emails apart from that one. 20% of my problem is with the way they've issued and retracted this discount and the other 80% is with the communications I am getting back from them.

I am not telling anyone that they shouldn't buy from these guys. They're a legit company, obviously. Anybody who wants to use them should do so. But I will not be using them again.
That's your choice of course. i just think you took things a bit harder than necessary . It's just a genuine mistake by a new staff member, everyone has to learn when they start a new job.
So in a way we could all be accused of trying to take advantage of a mistake to gain a few quid albeit as a discount. Just request a refund is the best idea. Some of their promo's are really good so by not using them again will mean missing out maybe

That's your choice of course. i just think you took things a bit harder than necessary . It's just a genuine mistake by a new staff member, everyone has to learn when they start a new job.
So in a way we could all be accused of trying to take advantage of a mistake to gain a few quid albeit as a discount. Just request a refund is the best idea. Some of their promo's are really good so by not using them again will mean missing out maybe

You think a "new staff member" has the authority to post a site wide 45% discount code off his own back do you?

Some of their promo's are really good so by not using them again will mean missing out maybe

As I've said, money isn't the issue. It's about credibility and trust and whether or not I believe what I'm being told. That's priceless to me.

Last edited:
My uwell valyrian has been posted with the 45% discount intact....

Doesn't surprise me one bit. As I've already said, I don't believe their story. The whole thing stinks if you ask me.

They've already spilled the beans to their man in country and ours, crusty. Obviously wanted to run a big discount but the company's that supply them were not going to stand for customers questioning the overall pricing of their products. If a large online shop can afford to sell all the latest gear for half the cheaper than cheap Chinese prices and still make a profit customers are going to realize they are paying enormous mark ups. Tut tut.
A decision like that was made in advance from the top but clearly without the suppliers consent.
They've been pressurized into a quick backtrack. I'm sure they won't make that mistake again or they will have no stock to sell.

It was only a two hour sale at a strange time of the day (for us)... Could have been a loss leader to gain custom overall. Odd they were pressurised to stop it imo, black Friday is similar on some sites...

I have had 3 different excuses from them for not dispatching the goods due to the 45% sale they had, not once had they mentioned a new staff member however, At least I know now to avoid them like the plague in the future ! :)

My Zeus not in stock yet but I don't mind waiting I'm kind of backed up with new tanks just now and gives me time to enjoy them,

Check out the tag line on any of @simong post about buying from China that should help you out

Back
Top Bottom