What's new

Ammit Rta single coil problemo

Leevis

Hi, not sure if anyone can help. I have a geekvape ammit rta single coil which appears to have a problem. When I put a new coil in, it takes a while to glow, sometimes not glowing at all but the base gets really hot. Guessing there is a problem but not sure how to fix or whether it is fixable. Any ideas?

Don't have that RTA, obvious things to check are a full strip down and clean, replace the screws.
Have you tried it on another Mod.

Not tried on another mod, but tried other rta on mod so it definitely is the rta. Next step is a strip down I think. When you say screws are these the post screws?

Not tried on another mod, but tried other rta on mod so it definitely is the rta. Next step is a strip down I think. When you say screws are these the post screws?

Aye, try a good clean including the screws...a wee bit of metal trapped somewhere could be the issue

Most likely an errant wire causing a short.

Sometimes a bit of grime or baked on juice can cause a bad connection and localised resistance heat build up in the metal of the tank itself (this is what causes 'hot button' in mech mods).

COMPLETELY strip the RTA down as far as it will go and scrub the bejesus out of it - pay particular attention to the base of the tank where the positive block slots into the base, the 510 threading AND pin - if the pin is made of brass or copper polish the bottom where it contacts the mod 510 pin and make sure the threads aren't gunged up.

Make sure you put all the bits in a small container so you don't lose anything - and don't flush anything down the sink lol.

Back
Top Bottom