What's new

Another boring DNA build

Thanks, again! That kicker is looking good. Love the neat way you've got each section cut out and compartmentalized. Do you just solder the negative wire to the ground spring too?
I might go ahead and spring for that cheaper board first. Even the FT dna mod would be hard to explain to the wife right now! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

haven't wired mine yet but I think it can be wired like this

1501000_4.jpg

Thanks, again! That kicker is looking good. Love the neat way you've got each section cut out and compartmentalized. Do you just solder the negative wire to the ground spring too?
I might go ahead and spring for that cheaper board first. Even the FT dna mod would be hard to explain to the wife right now! ;)

Wow I'm tired sorry. I solder the spring to the battery plate, then I drill a 1.5mm hole in the battery plate and solder the negative wire in that hole.

Last edited:
Just remembered at gift card with a bit less than $18 on it that expired tomorrow! Got that "vomo" a chi you top cap and a new cheap drip tip with a .25 shipping upgrade! :D
Left only a few pennies on the card! Now the wait! Whoo hoo! Love me some FT!

Drilled the hole for the firing button and the 510 connection.
20140427_123340.jpg

Next to my 2x 18500, a little taller.
20140427_123549.jpg

All the soldering done, needs stripping down, sanding and maybe a staining.
20140427_171934.jpg
Now that I've accidentally hijacked 'BooM's thread with my own pointless ramblings, let's turn our attention back to the neat-n-tidy way he puts the guts of these things together. This ain't just wires crammed in a box here!

Now that I've accidentally hijacked 'BooM's thread with my own pointless ramblings, let's turn our attention back to the neat-n-tidy way he puts the guts of these things together. This ain't just wires crammed in a box here!

You can hijack my thread any time just makes the thread more interesting.

Got my compound table today. Was a real pain to get the gibs adjusted.
101380_xl.jpg

Printed out the window and glued it on the stainless steel with some wood glue. Weather was so nice I pulled out all my stuff and did it out side in the sun with a cold beer.
20140503_101915.jpg

Drill out as much material as possible so it didn't have to mill so much.
20140503_102558.jpg

I'm not happy with the result, while milling my neighbor walked past and asked what I was doing :gunban:. Chatted with him for a bit and lost where I was and turned the handle the wrong way and f:ed it up a bit :(
Gonna have to order some more stainless to fix it.
20140503_111939.jpg

Last edited:
BaDaBooM
Not sure if it's just me but I only see the first photo...

I've looked into buying a milling machine but it looks like you need to spend really big bucks in order to get something that will actually produce decent results. Would you have any advice in on budget milling machines? What do you think the minimum spend would be to get something that would produce decent results?

R

@BaDaBooM
Not sure if it's just me but I only see the first photo...

I've looked into buying a milling machine but it looks like you need to spend really big bucks in order to get something that will actually produce decent results. Would you have any advice in on budget milling machines? What do you think the minimum spend would be to get something that would produce decent results?

R

Does it work now ??

All depends on what you want to will. I had a £400 mill when I lived in Sweden and it covered all my needs, was milling motorbike parts out of billet aluminum. The problem I have come across with smaller hobby mills is that you need to go a bit slower pace and before each time you use it make sure everything is aligned (aligned might not be the right word but you get what I mean), basically you need to tinker with them a bit.
Clarke CMD10 Micro Milling / Drilling Machine - Machine Mart seems to be I nice little mill.

Good thing with mills is that they don't depreciate much in value if you out grow it and need a bigger one.

Back
Top Bottom