What's new

Anyone know anything about this - the diplomat?

no, it’s not that it just works, but it works better than any other method. there is no need for “cutting edge” methods of attaching wire to a price of metal.

Unless if you aren't stuck in a nothing could possibly be better than roundwire rut. There aren't any cutting edge methods of attaching wires, but there are antiquated methods that give you no other option but roundwire.

Unless if you aren't stuck in a nothing could possibly be better than roundwire rut. There aren't any cutting edge methods of attaching wires, but there are antiquated methods that give you no other option but roundwire.

i’ve tried various different types of wire. but i’ve come to the conclusion that it’s just a bit of wire, and there’s also no need for “cutting edge” types of fancy wire. the lack of a need for cutting edge wire means there is also no need for cutting edge ways to attach it. it’s a win win for me. :)

As i only use roundwire - i absolutely dont care :)

it looks decent, actually.
Yeah - simple - no crazy juice flow or anything to cause leaks etc.

i get @Rickster s concern about the wells at the bottom and possible leaks tho - proof is gonna be in the pudding i guess.

5ml with the small chimney as well - that defo appeals to me

To be honest the wire attachment method probably doesn't make a lot of difference as I suspect most of the people who would be attracted to this are the roundwire brigade, but personally it doesn't do much for me.

I just hope it comes in a traditional mud and wattle container with a thatched lid.

i get @Rickster s concern about the wells at the bottom and possible leaks tho - proof is gonna be in the pudding i guess.

i think it would only be a problem if you flood it or try and put the coil too close to the air hole and liquid sneaks in there. it looks pretty simple to wick.

That's your Christmas present sorted then?

Back
Top Bottom