What's new

Artery PAL 2

eyeball kid

Legend
Here we have the Artery PAL 2 aio kit supplied for review by the always generous, Cortana from @Healthcabin for me to have a look at.
This review represents my own thoughts and not necessarily those of POTV.
For a fully in-depth review of the pal, check out vapenezer's review on the POTV main review page.
WP_20190916_12_03_37_Pro.jpg

The Artery pal 2 is a collaboration between artery and tony b (vape reviewer).
What you get is the Artery aio, one pod, two coils (1.2 ohm and 0.6ohm), a spare rubber plug for the pod fill and a usb charge lead.
WP_20190929_19_39_27_Pro.jpg

The pod sits inside the top of the artery and easily slides out by removing the magnetic side panel. This one is 3mls but if purchased in the UK will be a 2ml pod. You fill it via hole on the top half of the side of the pod which takes a little getting used to but is not tricky. The pod has a "sippy cup" style drip tip built in but cleverly you don't have to throw the pod away after use as the artery allows you to change your coils like a tank when they die.
This design also has an airflow control valve at the bottom of the coil which allows you to close the airflow down as tight as you like or open it up for a restricted lung hit (best with the 0.6 ohm coil.
You switch the artery on via a nice button on the side with the familiar five clicks system and this is the button you press to vape.
The led light on the side changes from blue down to purple then red, depending on your battery level. The internal 1000mah battery is quickly charged via the usb slot on the side.
WP_20190929_19_37_59_Pro.jpg

Whatcha think eyeball......
750906101_o.jpg

These are pretty little things and ever since the original pal arrived that took nautilus coils I wanted to have a look.
Artery have shrunk the design and switched the old bvc style coils.
This brought the unavoidable fact to my attention that as pretty as it is its a 1000mah battery with a bvc coil tank which is the same set up as the old ego pens many of us started with.
I popped in the higher ohm coil to start with which offered very good flavour. I'd forgotten just how tasty these little coils are but I'd loaded the artery with my usual 9mg liquid which I tend to chain vape and the artery soon struggled to keep up.
This was more my issue than the little pals as this coil was really designed for higher nic and nic salt juice, so I refilled with some nic salt and it showed it's true colours as a handy little pocket rocket.
Mrs kid opened up the airflow and used the sub ohm coil with her juice and it kept up far better with the more modern coil design.
I do think the pasito beats it for flavour with the rta coil but the artery is no slouch for flavour and you have many coils available in this size if you want to play around a bit.
Good quality emergency or starter kit. Get one for work or the car.

Available in some snazzy finishes for about £20 with your POTV discount.
Grab one here.https://www.healthcabin.net/artery-pal-ii-kit-p/20456.html

Thanks again to Cortana @Healthcabin

Last edited:
@eyeball kid

just got myself one of these for a fiver .... aspire BVC don't seem to fit (which is annoying because I have a couple of packets and I bought this to get some use out of them) there seems to be a little lip around the base of the aspire coils that stops them screwing in, (I almost got one stuck) it's so close though.

I think it was the Artery Pal 1 Pro that was compatible with the BVC coils @Simon G

I thought that was the one that took nautilus coils? I dunno mate, there so many different versions, does my head in. :D

also the whole thing stinks of plastic or oil... I had to bin the coil in the pod and it tasted vile. lol .... tank is in soak in warm soapy water now.

They look very similar but as you might be able to see by the shadow the aspire coil on the left has a slightly bigger lip at the bottom. It's like they've stolen the design but made it just different enough that you have to buy their coils. :(

IMG_20200810_123713.jpg

I thought that was the one that took nautilus coils? I dunno mate, there so many different versions, does my head in. :D

also the whole thing stinks of plastic or oil... I had to bin the coil in the pod and it tasted vile. lol .... tank is in soak in warm soapy water now.
Weird.
I used a pack of 1.6 coils I've had sitting around since about 2015.
Not surprised seems they're all making minor adjustments to keep coil returns in house.
Thanks for the update.

Weird.
I used a pack of 1.6 and could I've had sitting around since about 2015.
Not surprised seems they're all making minor adjustments to keep coil returns in house.
Thanks for the update.

weird.... I'd guess these coils are a couple of years old, they are 1.8ohm... I used to run them in the silo mini.

weird.... I'd guess these coils are a couple of years old, they are 1.8ohm... I used to run them in the silo mini.
I reckon artery have slightly changed the thread on the mod tbh.
I think they did a minor revision across the range when the one with the screen came out.
Same with voopoo, smok, ud and vaporesso with the pnp coils. They added a minor shelf in the pod so they'd only accept there own branded coils despite the designs being identical elsewhere.

I had one a while ago, decent little thing really with the 1.0ohm HP coils, small, light decent battery, steal really for £5 but a pack of coils are nearly £10, that’ll sting.
I gave it to my son and he used it to death, I know where you’re coming from with that new pod aroma, I sometimes get a sort of Argos catalogue smell from most new pods but it soon fades.

Back
Top Bottom