What's new

Aspire Nautilus Prime X

Which rba is best for this to get a tight draw?

The Nautilus is the better RBA. The under coil airhole is probably about 2mm, which was too airy for me. However @quincey43 came up with the idea to make a reducer out of 27g kanthal. Basically you make about a 15wrap coil with a 1.5mm ID. Then just slot it in the air hole. Works for me.

Well first test of nautilus rba is so so, air draw with reducer, bottom of base closed with some cotton and afc barley open is still on loose side for me and with closed afc air doesnt hit coil like it should but I can live with this loosy draw, but first tank (clean it with warm water) I get strong new plastic tank flavor so will have to clean and go thru few more liquid till this taste of new pod tank goes away (hope it does).

So my bp rba landed today and to my suprise deck is smaller then on nautilus rba so is the bell, the hole under coils is the same and bottom air intake on outer base is less open. With smaller deck same reducer, coil and cotton on base like on nautilus rba the draw is better/tighter for me on bp rba. Its better option for tighter mtl from the two. Still same regarding first test there is new plastic pod smell but I can taste punchier flavor from bp then nautilus rba. I think when flavor sits still like on nautilus (no plastic taste) it will be what I was hoping. So bp rba is better option for mtl in my opinion.

So my bp rba landed today and to my suprise deck is smaller then on nautilus rba so is the bell, the hole under coils is the same and bottom air intake on outer base is less open. With smaller deck same reducer, coil and cotton on base like on nautilus rba the draw is better/tighter for me on bp rba. Its better option for tighter mtl from the two. Still same regarding first test there is new plastic pod smell but I can taste punchier flavor from bp then nautilus rba. I think when flavor sits still like on nautilus (no plastic taste) it will be what I was hoping. So bp rba is better option for mtl in my opinion.

Interesting. Thanks. Will have to give my BP rba another go and make a reducer for it.

Interesting. Thanks. Will have to give my BP rba another go and make a reducer for it.
Yes smaller deck easier to fill with setup so tighter draw like 30%/40%, I like really tight mtl like 0.8 under but this is ok with reducer cotton around base and driptip with conus at bottom. Will post some pictures tomorrow.

I'm pretty impressed by this Nautilus Prime X with the Prime rba. The 2ml pod is a bit naff tho! Need to get the bigger capacity pod.
PXL_20210408_204021279.jpg

Back
Top Bottom