What's new

Aspire Paradox

If you're on the fence with the Grus it will be shipping any day from wherever you ordered from so you don't have much time to cancel.
I'm also pretty sure the price is already dropping due to a lack of takers on the Grus.
The Paradox is still preorder on Sourcemore but at just over $41 logged in price and given it's supposed pedigree it certainly looks the better value of the two.

I'm so on the fence I'm getting splinters in my sphincter. I'm seduced by the wood angle even though there isn't that much of it. And the big battery. It's prob quite chunky for a 1 cell mod, but the reviews make it sound very solid which I like. Also, will it look daft with my puny 24" atties on it?

On the other hand, the aspire is roughly the same size but only takes a 18650 I think. I like the hidden screen and I presume the screen hiding panel can be used as a trigger (nice touch). I'm not fully won over by the 2 tone look though.

If the paradox had the hand grip in wood (like the other noname one you posted) I'd be won over in an instant.

The answer of course is to get both.

I'm so on the fence I'm getting splinters in my sphincter. I'm seduced by the wood angle even though there isn't that much of it. And the big battery. It's prob quite chunky for a 1 cell mod, but the reviews make it sound very solid which I like. Also, will it look daft with my puny 24" atties on it?

On the other hand, the aspire is roughly the same size but only takes a 18650 I think. I like the hidden screen and I presume the screen hiding panel can be used as a trigger (nice touch). I'm not fully won over by the 2 tone look though.

If the paradox had the hand grip in wood (like the other noname one you posted) I'd be won over in an instant.

94.6mm high for the Grus and 78mm high for the Paradox.
For a single 21700 thats pretty tall and 78mm for any 18650 mod is exceptionally short.
Both will serve different purposes and if you still can't decide them both is the only conclusion.

How are folks managing to order aspire gear from Sourcemore ?
upload_2020-11-7_2-20-54.png

@eyeball kid got the info direct from sourcemore that the restrictions only apply to wholesale, retail are still shipped.
Yeah apologies. Not around much these days. Should.have posted a reminder.
that's always been the policy. Don't shout too loudly though. The manufacturers would like to close that loophole.
sourcemore are an excellent vendor. Never had issue with them.

For clarification again.
I got this set up cleared with the team at soucemore a year or so back.
You can order any brand from them regardless of the region warnings that appear.
The warnings only currently apply to wholesale orders not individual personal customers.
They also have excellent customs clearance practices too so You Should never receive a nasty customs bill.
Crack on kids.

A beauty ring (if using a mid or top airflow atty) would add a 'tapering' effect and remove some of the underhang, maybe?

A beauty ring (if using a mid or top airflow atty) would add a 'tapering' effect and remove some of the underhang, maybe?
Good call, ta @Banjostring. I actually did look for one of those... briefly... but I think I must have been using the wrong terminology, like "adapter" or something, because I couldn't find any. Now I use beauty ring, a few are coming up in Goog. :thumbup:

I saw someone on The Shed's Arsebook page earlier, saying the finish was all peeling away after only a few days. Had photos and whatnot.

Back
Top Bottom