What's new

Atties that make you go hmmm?

Just thought of one myself, i found the Ether a pita when i first got the RTA, it was great in the Abyss and Boro but the actual RTA i was so close to just throwing it at a wall. I am ok with it now (well some of the time) hence it not springing to mind.
I thought it was shite as well but I only bought it to give MTL a go in one of my quests for perfection that usually fail miserably.

Think i ended up putting a 2mm id coil in it as anything bigger shorted, plus the number of dry hits i got killed it off for me.

Just thought of one myself, i found the Ether a pita when i first got the RTA, it was great in the Abyss and Boro but the actual RTA i was so close to just throwing it at a wall. I am ok with it now (well some of the time) hence it not springing to mind.

That infuriating airflow insert held by a tiny o'ring did it for me. I never managed to get the bugger to sit flush so it was actually pointing at the coil and couldn't get any flavour at all in MTL mode. I never tried the RBA but the RTA was more hassle than it's worth.

The Reload MTL...

The system of screwing/unscrewing the collar/ring at the top to adjust the airflow. I could only get ludicrously small and tight or Mersey tunnel and nothing inbetween. The teeniest hint of a turn on that top collar made a massive difference and I spent ages trying to fine tune it before I came to my senses and adjusted it with a lump hammer.

Any Goon after the V1.

Proof, if any were needed, that a round wheel should stay round and to try and make it any shape other than round is a fruitless exercise.

I agree with this, the Goon is still my favourite RDA.

What are you using these days Chris? Is there anything better than the Goon?

The Kayfun 5² was a huge letdown for me too. Also a clone but after finding the authentic Kayfun lite 19 to be a real flavour machine, I figured it would still be pretty decent even if a little bit of quality was lost. I was wrong.

i also bought a Kayfun 5 squared.... another spectacular flavour free device. But that was a clone that I bought used for a tenner so no big deal. Still bloody awful

I won't be buying any more TF MTL or KF DL products

You have to remember that KF5² wasn't developed as an independent attie. It was just an expanded K5, a little nod to DTL users who were prepared to sacrifice a bit of flavour for an improved draw. I've had 10ml a day through mine since I got it, and, in my opinion, it's bettered only by the K5 and the Steamcrave Ragnar for flavour, but this is a very subjective topic and everyone has an equally valid opinion.

My big disappointment was the Taifun GT5. Nowhere near any of the Kayfuns.

I agree with this, the Goon is still my favourite RDA.

What are you using these days Chris? Is there anything better than the Goon?

I still use the Goon mate, and the Goon 25 if I’m honest, although the latter isn’t a patch on the original imo.
The Drop V1 and 1.5 are in regular rotation, Kali, Dead Rabbit V2 and V3 are too. Few others, Loop , Phobia V2, Bonza etc seem to crop up a lot too but I chop and change with quite a few others as well. Can never really stick at one for more than a week or so and I’ve always got a few on the go.

I still use the Goon mate, and the Goon 25 if I’m honest, although the latter isn’t a patch on the original imo.
The Drop V1 and 1.5 are in regular rotation, Kali, Dead Rabbit V2 and V3 are too. Few others, Loop , Phobia V2, Bonza etc seem to crop up a lot too but I chop and change with quite a few others as well. Can never really stick at one for more than a week or so and I’ve always got a few on the go.

I like the Drop too, but the one that really surprised me and is my second favourite is the Yihi. I got it for about a fiver from a Chinese site and wasn't expecting much, but it's really good.

I second the Kayfun 5 and everything after. Just never managed to get more than one day before flooding or burning. The Kayfun Lite was the best of them.

I second the Kayfun 5 and everything after. Just never managed to get more than one day before flooding or burning. The Kayfun Lite was the best of them.

Only the original from 2013. The later variations were not as good IMHO.

Recently took a punt on a 2019 24mm version but haven’t had a chance to try it yet.

Good to see you back.

Back
Top Bottom