What's new

Battery care

I'd treat the batteries as 20a not the 35a as they claim to be.
In a dual battery upto 100w should be fine or 50w single.

I have a awt 21700 that came with a mod rated 35a, acording to Mooch's test they are closer to 20a. So I treat it as a 20a wich is fine for my use anyway.
Mooch rated the ones Lisa got at 8A at best in his test of them. They may be better now, but I would avoid like the plague and get batteries elsewhere.

Surprised the vape shop didn't advise you more on it, not sure what you paid for the batteries, but I always buy from a reputable battery supplier like fogstar we also get a 20% discount from them using POTV20 at checkout which can be used on batteries and chargers, depending how much you paid for the charger too, you might find fogstar could be cheaper too
He sold me the batteries for 15 and the charger for 12

He sold me the batteries for 15 and the charger for 12

As long as the charger is authentic, (use the online tool Andi posted earlier to check), then the charger is fine. Nitecore are actually very decent.

Just the batteries you need to look at. I find that Vape shops are either very good or very bad, if it’s the latter it’s either because they’re money grabbing a*holes that only think with £ signs in their eyes or they don’t have the knowledge to advise newer vapers and shouldn’t be in the industry in the first place. Sounds as if you’ve stumbled upon a crap one mate. Don’t beat yourself up about it- happens to the best of us.

As long as the charger is authentic, (use the online tool Andi posted earlier to check), then the charger is fine. Nitecore are actually very decent.

Just the batteries you need to look at. I find that Vape shops are either very good or very bad, if it’s the latter it’s either because they’re money grabbing a*holes that only think with £ signs in their eyes or they don’t have the knowledge to advise newer vapers and shouldn’t be in the industry in the first place. Sounds as if you’ve stumbled upon a crap one mate. Don’t beat yourself up about it- happens to the best of us.
I'm missing posts. I'll scroll through and find it. Thank you

Thanks. Can't afford to buy any more till New year. I'll just have to see how they go. What will happen if vaping at about 50? Cut out? They won't explode will they?

There is a potential for them to get very hot and vent, which basically means they expel gasses through being over stressed. If that isn’t addressed fairly immediately and you continued to use them whilst they were doing that then potentially, as a worse case scenario, they would go into thermal runway.

A lithium ion cell, what we use to vape with, is only as safe as it’s parameters and the user. If either are exceeded then it has the potential to be a fairly capable little bomb, that would cause a lot of damage if over stressed. This is why it is important to get the right batteries for the job that you want them for.

Mooch rated the ones Lisa got at 8A at best in his test of them. They may be better now, but I would avoid like the plague and get batteries elsewhere.
wow that is low amps.

Edited my post above about treating as 20a

Back
Top Bottom