What's new

Battery care

Lisa Bolton

Achiever
So I bought 2 high drain batteries and a charger today. They are charged and ready for when my new toy arrives. I know it's not safe to leave them on charge all night in the device but would it be safe to leave them in the charger? I'm guessing it will automatically end the charge? Also how long will pre charged batteries last unused as spare in my bag? Will they lose power without being used?

Attachments

• IMG_20211213_110053.jpg
    IMG_20211213_110053.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 88
Ultimately the charger should cut off when they reach 4.2v so you should be safe to leave them on. But, things go wrong and I much prefer not to if I’m honest rather only have them charging when I’m awake.

With regards to how long they’ll remain fully charged - a good while. They do lose minuscule amounts of charge when they’re left full on a daily basis but it’s only small. They do however lose charge quicker as they get older.

Edit: I’ve just clocked your batteries. Be a little careful what you do with those- they aren’t 35a cells.

Ultimately the charger should cut off when they reach 4.2v so you should be safe to leave them on. But, things go wrong and I much prefer not to if I’m honest rather only have them charging when I’m awake.

With regards to how long they’ll remain fully charged - a good while. They do lose minuscule amounts of charge when they’re left full on a daily basis but it’s only small. They do however lose charge quicker as they get older.

Edit: I’ve just clocked your batteries. Be a little careful what you do with those- they aren’t 35a cells.
Thank you and can you explain about the cells please as guy at vape shop sold my them saying they would be exactly what I need

I’m not sure what you’re asking…. do you mean you want to leave them in the charger with it switched on or off? I wouldn’t leave them in the charger if it’s on, but if you switch it off at the wall it’s safe. If you’re going to be carrying batteries around as spares, you need a safe way of carrying them, did they come in a little plastic case? Definitely don’t carry those batteries around loose :)

I’m not sure what you’re asking…. do you mean you want to leave them in the charger with it switched on or off? I wouldn’t leave them in the charger if it’s on, but if you switch it off at the wall it’s safe. If you’re going to be carrying batteries around as spares, you need a safe way of carrying them, did they come in a little plastic case? Definitely don’t carry those batteries around loose :)
I meant leaving them on charge when I sleep after using them. I'll make sure I use spares and charge while I'm awake thank you. Yes I have the plastic little tubs I can carry the spares in.

Couple of things to add.

Make sure you use a battery case when keeping them in your bag. Nasty things will happen if you leave them loose.

Take note of the edit that SirLugg made. The batteries you have, unless something has changed, are likely rated at considerably less than 35A. They may not be good enough to go over 30W or 40W max with a 2 battery mod.

So I bought 2 high drain batteries
AWT are not a good brand for vaping, as already stated.

They are charged and ready for when my new toy arrives. I know it's not safe to leave them on charge all night in the device but would it be safe to leave them in the charger? I'm guessing it will automatically end the charge? Also how long will pre charged batteries last unused as spare in my bag? Will they lose power without being used?

In theory yes, but by leaving a charger on, with batteries inserted, you are in effect still charging them/ or at least relying on the charger to not top up the batteries. If your batteries are fully charged turn the charger off, preferably removing them. I take it you have a case for them, usually one of these, for a pair.

shopping

Also check the authentic of the charger, fakes used to be a thing, they probably still are.

https://charger.nitecore.com/Validation/

Also how long will pre charged batteries last unused as spare in my bag? Will they lose power without being used?

Brand new batteries should charge to 4.20volts, and hold that voltage, as a resting voltage, older batteries drop off and the resting voltage will be lower.

You probably already know but you mention how long they will last in your bag, please learn about battery safety first, dont want you having any mishaps or accidents, always have them in your mod or in a battery case, never leave them loose in a bag/pocket with keys, change, metals, other batteries etc

Have a read up on battery safety on here

https://www.fogstar.co.uk/pages/18650-battery-safety

Thank you and can you explain about the cells please as guy at vape shop sold my them saying they would be exactly what I need

It’s a re wrap. There are battery manufactures which make their own cells, (Samsung, Sony etc) then there are companies that re wrap other peoples batteries as their own. AWT are the latter.
Sometimes you find that the re wrapping companies exaggerate the ratings, which on that particular battery they have, by quite a lot I’m afraid.

Just be very careful and don’t vape high wattage on them.

Back
Top Bottom