What's new

BB ...why has it...

Will I be pleased with it with the stuff it comes with? Or will I have to buy additional stuff for it straight away, tanks, bridges etc? I think it says pro tank style rba is included.

I was very pleased with the kit, got mine from Fast Tech.

I have fitted a DNA board to one of mine but to be fair the SXK is pretty good and the DNA isn't much of a game changer, I would go for the SXK as it has the USB already fitted.

It's all good to go, the RBA is pretty good and you should be used to it's micro coiling, the Nautilus bridge is good too but I've only tried 0.6ohm DTL coils for that so far, going to try some 1.8ohm coils next. (other better RBA's are available)

But it has to be said there a common design issue:
Condensation, it tends to build up around the back and bottom of the tank and if not regularly wiped down can seep into the connector and eventually get onto the chipset which can bugger it up over time, easy enough to fix with sealant.

There's add-ons to improve it, Condensation Plugs (which I 3D print ), or some cotton place around the base (not too much), and the best fix is sealing the pin, this might be a deal breaker for you but if you send it me I'll seal the pin for you.

This issue didn't bother me in the slightest, easy enough.

I will slightly revise my advice, buy one if you are happy to sort the sealing out, don't buy it if you can't be arsed to :18:

Will I be pleased with it with the stuff it comes with? Or will I have to buy additional stuff for it straight away, tanks, bridges etc? I think it says pro tank style rba is included.
I think you need to think of it as an ecosystem - whereas the bulk of stuff uses the standard of the 510 - in the Billet Box world the standard is the Boro

Honestly, I don't think you will be satisfied with what comes in the box. I'd recommend getting either an Exocet or VapeShell clone. The VapeShell clones have a disadvantage that they don't come with the MTL reducers that the authentic does. The Exocet doesn't either actually - but Kayfun reducers work...

I think you need to think of it as an ecosystem - whereas the bulk of stuff uses the standard of the 510 - in the Billet Box world the standard is the Boro

Honestly, I don't think you will be satisfied with what comes in the box. I'd recommend getting either an Exocet or VapeShell clone. The VapeShell clones have a disadvantage that they don't come with the MTL reducers that the authentic does. The Exocet doesn't either actually - but Kayfun reducers work...

I didn't find much difference between thee Exocet and the standard RBA apart from wicking was easier (I pulled the wick through the holes in the standard RBA).

I'm finding the Exocet is working great for MTL with the 1mm condensation plug, will the Vapeshell clone fit the condensation plug? had my eye on one.

I didn't find much difference between thee Exocet and the standard RBA apart from wicking was easier (I pulled the wick through the holes in the standard RBA).

I'm finding the Exocet is working great for MTL with the 1mm condensation plug, will the Vapeshell clone fit the condensation plug? had my eye on one.
Should fit - I'm not a fan of restricting airflow anywhere but next to the coil

I’ve got the Vapeshell clone and one of your plugs from Rew and it does fit. You need to sand the bottom and top a little though to make the connection. I’ll be getting the original this week as I’m lucky to have Vapetime just up the road which, until yesterday, I hadn’t a clue it was there. Very dangerous for my wallet.

I’ve got the Vapeshell clone and one of your plugs from Rew and it does fit. You need to sand the bottom and top a little though to make the connection. I’ll be getting the original this week as I’m lucky to have Vapetime just up the road which, until yesterday, I hadn’t a clue it was there. Very dangerous for my wallet.

Wow. you're going for an authentic. Excited for you

Cheers, seems like good advice. To be honest, I know for certain i would pick up additional stuff for it anyway. So to put an exocet or a vapeshell in it, you need a different tank from the standard? Or maybe I’ve misunderstood...

I don’t have kayfun reducers but can easily roll one up out of mesh.

I’m thinking about it, anyway. Will hang off for a bit but I’ve just sold a few pieces of vinyl, once they arrive with the recipients and I know their happy I might use the takings to fund one of these.

@Vapaneezer Scrooge , for someone who isn’t really interested in temp control, is the cheaper sxk board decent? All I need is for it to work in wattage mode, but wondered if there have been any other problems with them, or are they pretty reliable? Just since it’s £20 cheaper.

Last edited:
Cheers, seems like good advice. To be honest, I know for certain i would pick up additional stuff for it anyway. So to put an exocet or a vapeshell in it, you need a different tank from the standard? Or maybe I’ve misunderstood...

I don’t have kayfun reducers but can easily roll one up out of mesh.

I’m thinking about it, anyway. Will hang off for a bit but I’ve just sold a few pieces of vinyl, once they arrive with the recipients and I know their happy I might use the takings to find one of these.

@Vapaneezer Scrooge , for someone who isn’t really interested in temp control, is the cheaper sxk board decent? All I need is for it to work in wattage more, but wondered if there have been any other problems with them, or are they pretty reliable? Just since it’s £20 cheaper.

Most of the bridges, Vapeshell and Exocet etc, will fit in the standard Boro tank that comes with SXK BB

Yeah after seeing it in the flesh yesterday I cant resist. Just about to go and pick it up

Yes Mister Rew, I'm off out now to go and get it direct and to have another perve at the BB

Go careful in that shop. Don't look at anything else.

Back
Top Bottom